He is counterintuitive. When He builds His kingdom, He uses the strangest items: mustard seeds (so small), water (so pedestrian), remnants (clothing castoffs), leaven (not the bread but the bubbles that expand it), salt (elemental). And yet, we think that to serve Him, we must expand ourselves, make ourselves important and large and great in […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Spiritual growth
May 25, 2011
I know Lisa Borden from our time in France. We were fellow missionaries with Christian Associates International. While she planted churches in Portugal, my family planted in France. One thing held us together: we were writers. The moment I read her prose, I fell in love. Lisa is one of the most stunning writers I’ve […]
March 12, 2011
This is a guest post from James (Jim) Watkins, a terrific communicator and author. Two years ago, I posted my Top ten things I (Jim) am giving up for Lent 10. Kidney stones 9. Sushi 8. “Reality” TV 7. Body piercing (other than the usual household repair accidents) 6. Multi-level marketing schemes 5. Urban legends […]
March 11, 2011
I’m one of those people with a hyperactive conscience. Someone can look at me funny and I’ll say sorry. Therefore, I can go a little nutty trying to evaluate the motives of my heart in terms of writing. Yes, Jesus is the most important relationship in my life, followed by my husband and three beautiful […]
July 5, 2010
Have you ever felt like God has taken you back to a path you’ve been on before? Recently I’ve felt this way about worry and finances. I’ve had brilliant times of faith where I truly believed God would provide, and the anxiety level I experienced during deprivation was low. And then there are times like […]
July 5, 2010
I’ve been thinking a lot about healing lately, particularly since I’ll be teaching about it the next six weeks at church. I’m living proof of two things: That God can utterly transform a life. That you have to want to be transformed. Jesus asked the paralytic, “Do you want to get well?” Notice that the […]
May 7, 2010
Have you ever been in a fog? I’ve been there, slogging my way through, not sure what I’m thinking, not sure what life’s all about. I compare it a bit to stupor. There’s this vague sense that something’s not quite right, or a memory has more meaning but we can’t mine it. I had one […]
March 26, 2010
I wonder if I’m a validation junkie. An affirmation addict. A praise nerd. Probably. Are you? It’s probably why I wanted to be a singer as a kid, longing for that “You did a good job” at the end of a performance. It’s probably why I exhausted myself for all those A grades in high […]
March 16, 2010
I know well the words of Jesus about seed falling to the ground and dying, about when it does, it bears much fruit. Never is that life lesson more stark than in spring. I’m thankful for the life emerging from winter’s grip. How ironic that I push against dying to self. I forget that leafy […]
January 11, 2010
I’m thinking about and singing this song, “The Motions” by Matthew West. You can watch the amazing video here. It was easy singing a song like that when we lived in France, untethered to security, constantly facing distress and out-of-the-box trials. We left everything comfortable. But now I live in Texas with a church on […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Subscribe to Pray Every Day
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- A Deep, Yet Accessible Bible Study May 22, 2020
- Pray Every Day is TWO! February 1, 2020
- I’m taking a Sabbatical December 19, 2019
- The Most Beautiful Letter August 21, 2019
- Why I Wrote We Too August 13, 2019
- Mary DeMuth, Restory Show podcast host | Q&A - Katherine Scott Jones: […] people to share their stories with liste...
- Let's Go To She Speaks! - April Things to Do - Do A New Thing: […] Mary DeMuth is another best-selling auth...
- No One Elevates Women Like King Jesus - Mary DeMuth (Pod #89) - Jesus Smart: […] BOOKS & ART BY MARY DEMUTH — S...
- Restored & Re-Storied: An Interview with Mary DeMuth – Bible Advocate: […] I discovered a woman named Mary DeMuth....
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...