One of my favorite authors is Mark Buchanan. In a recent blog post, he shared about the life of Eustace Conway (a review of the book The Last American Man by Elizabeth Gilbert.) Conway lived an amazing life, and he produced and accomplished much. But this quote stopped me: “In many ways, he’s accomplished so […]
video goes here
September 23, 2021
June 24, 2021
I often get emails from people new to the traditional publishing process asking what in the world literary agents do and why are they necessary. First, there are several ways to see your words in print. You can hire a vanity publisher (many, many are scams, unfortunately) and they’ll publish once you pay–typically a lot. […]
January 4, 2021
I am bursting with joy to share this exciting announcement today. It’s been in the works for a month . . . I am now officially a literary agent with Books and Such Literary Management alongside Janet Grant, Wendy Lawton, Barb Roose, Cynthia Ruchti, and Rachel Kent. Though I am a words girl, I have […]
December 21, 2020
When we walk through a crisis, our minds have little capacity to ponder, think deeply, or even empower us to make small decisions. In crisis mode, we react to stress, with no margin to think proactively. 2020 has been a year of crisis. For me. For you. For us all. And sometimes in the midst […]
December 7, 2020
Do you? Honestly answer these ten questions. Have you heard so many stories of pain that it’s difficult to hear one more?Do you feel like you’ve reached your emotional pain threshold?Have you experienced toxic systems (difficult boss, a confusing legal system, spiritual abuse in church, a broken family dynamic)?Have your efforts to change that toxic system […]
November 30, 2020
As I was teaching my Writer Mastermind groups this week, I confessed something there that I realized I should confess here at MaryDeMuth.com. I have career regrets. If I were to visit my younger writer self, I would’ve given myself a good talking to. Here are five things I would say: Just because someone tells […]
November 23, 2020
I do not do well with indoor house plants. You can ask my daughter Sophie about this because she gave me very precise instructions about how not to kill my fiddle leaf fig, and it has already sported brown spots of death. Last week I was working in my yard, and I realized that I […]
November 16, 2020
I am guilty of preparing to live rather than actually living in the moment. This is something God is unveiling before me this year, and it’s difficult to face. I’ll give you an example. This year we were able to finally realize a backyard dream of erecting a pergola over our really long table in […]
November 9, 2020
This is a first in a series of confessions from me. I pray my own wrestling brings hope and health to you. So late last month, I penned a prayer to the Lord about my frustration with my weight. You can read it here: Although I eat well and exercise fairly consistently the scale does […]
October 27, 2020
A little over three years ago, my 365 devotional, Jesus Every Day, released. In January of 2018, I attended my yearly Mastermind retreat, asking what would be a unique way to get the word out for the devotional where I basically prayed people through the Bible in one year. My friend Thomas Umstattd suggested a […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Mary: I do have a Bible study that helps you as someone ...
- Ann: Do you have prayer recommendations for families or...
- Mary: I'm so sorry. It may be helpful to read We Too, o...
- Joemal Bonneau: Joemal is my name. My cousin sexually assaulted me...
- Mary DeMuth: He is certainly not finished with you, Gina. So so...