He is counterintuitive. When He builds His kingdom, He uses the strangest items: mustard seeds (so small), water (so pedestrian), remnants (clothing castoffs), leaven (not the bread but the bubbles that expand it), salt (elemental). And yet, we think that to serve Him, we must expand ourselves, make ourselves important and large and great in […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Jesus
December 15, 2010
This week I’m launching my Audio Healing Retreat, Get Past the Past. In celebration of that, I’m inviting friends around the blogosphere to share their stories of healing. Today’s guest is Bridget Beth Collins who used to babysit our kids when we lived in Seattle. Now she has kids of her own! She is pictured […]
August 11, 2010
Last week I had the privilege of speaking at the national MOPS convention. I flew in early on Friday, then spoke on Saturday, which gave me an afternoon to relax. What is this relaxation I speak of? I’m not so sure. But I did promise my kids after the mountainfuls of work I’ve been under […]
May 23, 2010
They haunt me. They beautify me. The faces of those I met in Northern Ghana. They remind me of a kingdom where there will no longer be tears or poverty or war. I want to live for Your kingdom, Lord. Forgive me for thinking of building my own. For forgetting the distressing disguise of Jesus […]
May 20, 2010
I had the privilege of taking the Strengths Finder when we were church planters in France. I remember three of my strengths today: 1. Achiever (Oh how this makes sense! Those of you who have read my blog any length of time know I tend to equate my worth with what I produce. I’m learning […]
May 14, 2010
The Gospel: The Most Sacrificial Love Story in History. The players: A Triune God. A rebellious people. A scrappy enemy. The plot: The scrappy enemy of God entices a people to rebel and seek life outside their creator. No sacrifice made by the people in penitence satisfies a holy God, nor can they pull themselves […]
January 17, 2010
I don’t know about you, but I don’t much like wrath. Much of my life has been spent avoiding other people’s wrath. I’m terrified of it. Anger directed toward me scares me. So today, the simple truth weaseled its way into my heart. Jesus bore God’s righteous wrath. He took it. He absorbed it. He […]
December 4, 2009
I had the privilege of reading a remarkable book this week: Stone Crossings: Finding Grace in Hard and Hidden Places by L. L. Barkat. In many ways, Barkat spoke to my heart (or rather, the Holy Spirit, through her pen, whispered some lifechanging words.) Consider this: “Or maybe, in a kind of selfish pride,I prefer […]
August 21, 2009
A few days ago on my run, I switched things up a little bit, adding my ipod to the run. I usually enjoy running in silence, but this time I enjoyed listening to random songs. The first two songs really hit me, though, and I pondered them as I ran. Love is the Answer by […]
June 27, 2009
Lord, help me to stay in the moment today, to find a grateful heart, to rejoice in everything. I need Your heart, Your perspective, Your voice every day I walk this earth. Teach me to be compassionate, open, free. Live through me. Love through me. I’m weary, worn out, and needy. But Your word says […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- I despise neediness in myself June 16, 2020
- Celebrating = healing June 1, 2020
- A Deep, Yet Accessible Bible Study May 22, 2020
- Pray Every Day is TWO! February 1, 2020
- I’m taking a Sabbatical December 19, 2019
- Mary DeMuth, Restory Show podcast host | Q&A - Katherine Scott Jones: […] people to share their stories with liste...
- Let's Go To She Speaks! - April Things to Do - Do A New Thing: […] Mary DeMuth is another best-selling auth...
- No One Elevates Women Like King Jesus - Mary DeMuth (Pod #89) - Jesus Smart: […] BOOKS & ART BY MARY DEMUTH — S...
- Restored & Re-Storied: An Interview with Mary DeMuth – Bible Advocate: […] I discovered a woman named Mary DeMuth....
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...