An anonymous commenter commented on My Family Secrets recently. I thought I’d share his response and ask your opinion. What should he do? … Thank you very much for sharing your story. It sounds very much like mine. (more…)
video goes here
Tag Archives | children
June 17, 2011
April 20, 2011
This is one of my old columns from the Rowlett Lakeshore Times a couple years ago. I thought I’d resurrect it for a little levity. This is what my kids looked like when I wrote that column! *** Somewhere in the back of my tired brain, I remember something I learned in college. I remember […]
February 24, 2011
God doesn’t need government approval to show up in schools, as Esther experienced when she was only 6 years old. You can read more from Esther on her blog, For Such a Time as This. (If you’d like to share a time when God showed up in your life, go here to submit your Thin […]
September 30, 2010
What would you do if you noticed your baby was blue? Read about Amy’s experience in today’s Thin Place. Then catch up with her at her blog. (For info on how to submit your Thin Place Story, go here.) **** Looking back at home videos, I can see something was wrong then, but as a […]
September 21, 2010
Hubby and I love to creep out our kids. Why? Because I believe the best gift you can give your kids is a strong, happy, affectionate marriage. So we kiss each other. In the kitchen, during dinner, whenever the desire hits, when my hubby comes home from work. (more…)
June 14, 2010
Last summer, my eldest daughter Sophie went to Accra, Ghana. She played with children, shared the gospel, and saw God answer prayers. She has a heart for those less fortunate, and she’s fluent in French. Perhaps God will use all this someday in a cool, unique way. It’s a privilege to see her walk through […]
June 12, 2010
It seems like a lifetime ago that we flew to France as a family to explore our calling and see if that’s where God would have us serve. This picture was taken at Schipol Airport in Amsterdam. The kids did really well when we traveled, though they were all very tired. They were 10, 7, […]
June 8, 2010
When my son Aidan was twelve years old, he had a dream. He wanted to help provide water for a village on the other side of the world. Through a series of amazing events, he helped raise money for a well project in Northern Ghana. A few months after he told me about his dream, […]
December 30, 2009
Pippin the wonder dog, bearing gifts. Aidan’s 13th birthday. Sunset near our house last winter. Daisy Chain book signing at Legacy Books. The cake was amazing! With Susan Meissner at the Christian Book Expo. She won Book of the Year! Tosca, me, Jonathan and Meredith out in Santa Cruz during Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference. […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Lori Perry: Thank You for this Podcast. It starts off my day t...
- Mary E. DeMuth: I am so sorry for what you’ve been through. Bein...
- Sharman: Like Lynn who just commented, your message has bee...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your kind response, Ruth!...
- Ruth Uttley: I truly just stumbled across your site as I did a ...