Sometimes it happens by neglect. Sometimes, hurry. I’m not sure which it was this time around, but nonetheless I realized it last night. Perhaps my discouragement about my career runs deeper without it. What am I talking about? The Bible. My lifeline, my encouragement, my perplexity, my hope. Why do I let it slip from […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Bible
February 4, 2009
Thanks again for SoulPerSuit and Sandra Glahn for a terrific study on the Sermon on the Mount.
January 24, 2009
Responding to the narrow gate passage of the Sermon on the Mount. I’m struck by just how narrow the path to follow Him really is. This now sits next to my keyboard. This is in response to Matthew 5:12. I am bewildered at times by persecution, but Jesus says here to rejoice and be glad. […]
November 12, 2006
He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves. What a blessing was that stillness as He brought them safely into the harbor! Psalm 107:29-30
November 11, 2006
O Lord, our Lord How majestic is Your name in all the earth Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens! Psalm 8:1
October 24, 2006
I’ve started journal writing again. Not the online bloggy things, but real pen to paper jotting. I started doing this because I felt disconnected from Jesus and had forgotten that we connect well when I’m writing things down. So, I’ve spent some time writing my thoughts for no one to read but me, and I’ve […]
October 16, 2006
I normally have my One Year Bible handy when I have my breakfast. I’m delving into Jeremiah’s depression right now. To be honest, it makes me pretty darned sad for poor Jeremiah. But, alas, today, my One Year was two flights up and I was too lazy to get it. So I perused my bookshelf […]
October 13, 2006
As the hot water pelted me this morning, familiar hymns burst from me. I didn’t grow up in the church, didn’t feast on a staple of hymns. I learned them well into my teens after I’d met Jesus. I had this tape (see how old I am) of a group called the Second Chapter of […]
October 5, 2006
Today, Dave Long is discussing something worthy of your writerly time: He writes: Because there’s two different “kinds” of books you can sell. One is acceptable and one is looked at askance. And we’ll spend the next couple of days talking about these two types of books and the dangers of lifting one too high […]
September 20, 2006
I read these verses today and they resonated with the state of my heart: Lord, You will grant us peace, For all we have accomplished is really from You. O Lord our God, others have ruled us, But we worship You alone. Isaiah26:12-13 Yes! Everything I’ve accomplished is not really my accomplishment. It’s His. And […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- A Worthy Gift March 7, 2019
- Sexual Abuse Survivor? Get your FREE healing series. January 23, 2019
- When We Neglect the Millstone We Cast Stones at Survivors December 11, 2018
- I believe you October 4, 2018
- Vulnerability after a Friend Breakup October 3, 2018
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...
- Mary DeMuth: Oh you are sweet. Thank you so much, Myriam. I nee...
- Myriam Tuttle: Free, unashamed, new.... all the truth labels that...
- Mary DeMuth: It sure does. But that also means you're normal. ...
- Janelle Keith: Thank you for saying that. As we know should have...