I’m having another one of those dark days in France. Maybe it’s the rain pouring down on the tiled roof. Sometimes I wonder why God rains sorrow on our already-pitiful parade. I feel sorry for poor Job, enduring all that downpour. In the past several months, I’ve wondered WHY. Why has church planting been so […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Bible
September 3, 2006
I’m finished with the book of Job as of today. What struck me was this: God likened Himself to a crocodile, and after He spoke of Himself thus, Job repented. Consider these words, and think of God as you do… Can you catch a crocodile with a hook or put a noose around its jaw? […]
August 26, 2006
I usually avoid that guy. Boils all over his body. Know-it-all friends. A crabby wife. But, as it turns out in the Grand Scheme of Things, I’m reading the Book of Job right now. (Yep, one of those one year Bibles has me reading Job in August. In Texas. Where the heat feels Job-like, like […]
August 22, 2006
Watch out folks, I feel a rant coming on. We turned on the TV last night and saw our friend Joel’s face all smiley and southerny. The audience crowd looked to be as large as a superbowl crowd. I hadn’t really heard him preach before, so we decided to listen a bit and see what […]
August 3, 2006
Today at Staff Conference, Alan Hirsch talked about the importance of the centrality of Jesus. He asked, “What would happen if Jesus were airdropped down into your church today?” I wonder. Then he had us list traits of Pharisees. We listed things like: knew their Bible regular worship attenders defended the faith were missional to […]
June 17, 2006
I’ve found two books particularly life-giving, as I’ve navigated a crazy-busy life. * Margin by Dr. Richard Swenson. I’d skip the first half of the book as itis a bit tedious and statistic-y, but the latter half is revolutionary. Swenson gave me permission to slow down, to live simply, to enjoy people more than things. […]
May 5, 2006
I woke up this morning to pounding. And the roaring of lions. And hammers. And Lord knows whatever circus-leaving sounds. Six in the morning! Argh! But, they are gone. Never did pay us for the electricity, though they swear they fixed it so they didn’t use our power. We’ll find out when we get our […]
April 29, 2006
I’m reading the NLT version of the Bible through in a year. The other day, these words wowed me and adequately portrayed how I feel about the Lord: “You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done” (Psalm 92:4). Yes, God thrills me. […]
April 5, 2006
****THIS ARTICLE is also posted at this blog today.**** Today I read about a Homeland Security honcho getting arrested for trying to seduce what he thought was a 14 year old over the Internet. The terrible story is here. And congress is now (finally!!!) investigating this. Every time I speak to a group of people […]
March 28, 2006
Yesterday I was reading in my daily Bible and came across France, or at least what sounded like the countryside of Southern France: “For the Lord your God is brining you into a good land of flowing streams and pools of water, with springs that gush forth in the valleys and hills. It is a […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Mary: I do have a Bible study that helps you as someone ...
- Ann: Do you have prayer recommendations for families or...
- Mary: I'm so sorry. It may be helpful to read We Too, o...
- Joemal Bonneau: Joemal is my name. My cousin sexually assaulted me...
- Mary DeMuth: He is certainly not finished with you, Gina. So so...