I awoke from the dream with the words red tape and red carpet floating through my mind. I couldn’t remember my dream, but the words lingered in the dawn. As I readied myself for the day, it all made sense. For far too long, I’ve been living a red tape life, as if opportunities and […]
video goes here
September 29, 2016
September 20, 2016
Honestly, I don’t know how to summarize Restory. I’m still a bit numb afterwards. This usually happens to me after a big event–I get sick and numb. And I am both today as I write this. When I pour myself out, I have little left in the aftermath. My dear family tells me to rest, […]
September 6, 2016
This topic has been ricocheting in my heart and head many years. I’ve noticed a greater influx of reader email and Facebook conversations about this topic, so much so that I felt it would be wise to address it again. (I wrote this post five ago, and I’ve updated it to give you more resources.) […]
August 23, 2016
I’ve been doing a little experiment lately, mainly because my peace has been elusive and fickle. And when that happens, there’s usually one reason: once again, I have taken control of my life and tried to make. everything. happen. As an “achiever” (according to Strengths Finder) I tend toward accomplishing things. I read a lot […]
August 3, 2016
Last week I felt disconnected from my life. I hope that makes sense. I felt like I was living reactionary instead of with intention. So I dusted off my journal, and read from last year to this year in one fell swoop. Boy was it therapeutic and eye-opening. Therein lies the #1 reason why you […]
July 25, 2016
This won’t be a long post, but just a little reminder based on what I’m hearing from God. He is calling me to stop trying so hard, allowing Him the luxury or outcomes. I have been pressing and pushing and trying for so dang long. And yet, He calls me (you, us) to wait sometimes. […]
July 19, 2016
A favorite allegory of mine is Hind’s Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. It centers on a character named Much Afraid and her harrowing journey to the High Places of God where healing is promised by her Shepherd. After much trial and suffering, Much Afraid tries to climbs up an impossible precipice. During a […]
July 13, 2016
We’ve been through a lot this year. I try to downplay it in my mind, try to rationalize it all or say it wasn’t that big of a deal. But it was a lot. Job loss for Patrick (he now has a job!!!), job redirection for me, plus a few painful relational issues, a daughter […]
July 7, 2016
Hi friends! The Restory Conference is going to happen! I’m so excited. I’ve been praying and asking for direction as I work through my messages. There are going to be a few surprises. Here are the latest details: Saturday, September 17th, 9-1 At Pier 419 at Lake Pointe Church in Rockwall, TX No lunch served, […]
July 6, 2016
There are holes in my story. And the investigative reporter in me desperately wants to know the truth. I’ve asked all the possible people, plied for information, but I still have some pretty major questions about what happened back then. Because I have a strong memory, I remember everything from about four years old on. […]
Join the re-storied!
- 10 Ways to Spot Spiritual Abuse September 6, 2016
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Are you living the red tape or the red carpet life? September 29, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 3 – Chris Fabry September 26, 2016
- Restory Recap September 20, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 2 – Boz Tchividjian September 19, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 1 Cristin Bruggeman September 12, 2016
- kala jadu: kala jadu [...]one of our visitors recently propo...
- kala jadu: kala jadu [...]always a big fan of linking to blo...
- kala jadu: kala jadu [...]always a massive fan of linking to...
- kala jadu: kala jadu [...]the time to read or pay a visit to...
- kala jadu: kala jadu [...]Here is a superb Blog You might Co...