An anonymous commenter commented on My Family Secrets recently. I thought I’d share his response and ask your opinion. What should he do? … Thank you very much for sharing your story. It sounds very much like mine. (more…)
video goes here
Tag Archives | God
June 17, 2011
March 12, 2011
This is a guest post from James (Jim) Watkins, a terrific communicator and author. Two years ago, I posted my Top ten things I (Jim) am giving up for Lent 10. Kidney stones 9. Sushi 8. “Reality” TV 7. Body piercing (other than the usual household repair accidents) 6. Multi-level marketing schemes 5. Urban legends […]
March 11, 2011
I’m one of those people with a hyperactive conscience. Someone can look at me funny and I’ll say sorry. Therefore, I can go a little nutty trying to evaluate the motives of my heart in terms of writing. Yes, Jesus is the most important relationship in my life, followed by my husband and three beautiful […]
December 17, 2010
This week I’m launching my Audio Healing Retreat, Get Past the Past. In celebration of that, I’m inviting friends around the blogosphere to share their stories of healing. Today’s guest is by Ann Voskamp, a storypoet who shares her life in the most stark, beautiful ways. I’ve been blessed to read and endorse her amazing […]
December 15, 2010
This week I’m launching my Audio Healing Retreat, Get Past the Past. In celebration of that, I’m inviting friends around the blogosphere to share their stories of healing. Today’s guest is Bridget Beth Collins who used to babysit our kids when we lived in Seattle. Now she has kids of her own! She is pictured […]
November 30, 2010
Last night I finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. As I thought about Louie Zamperini’s amazing life, it occurred to me that I’d much rather hear stories from people who have overcome obstacles and trials than those who only share their success stories in good times. In other words, I’m a little tired of leadership books […]
November 11, 2010
“Whisper of Death, My Fight of Faith” is the title of Mary-Anne’s book about her fight with cancer. She also writes novels about her homeland, South Africa. You can find her online at her website, on Twitter (@Mary-AnneCrooks) and on her Facebook Fan Page. (Here’s how you can share your Thin Place story.) **** I […]
November 2, 2009
God speaks to me when I run. Today, chilled to the fingers, I ran toward the lake, my mind wandering. Something shiny and bright caught my eye. Caught in the overhead telephone line was the shredded remains of a kite. It couldn’t get free, the tangles getting the best of it. But just as I […]
October 9, 2009
A Perfect Gift for Those Who Want to Deepen Their Faith, October 9, 2009 Celtic Treasure by Liz Babbs is truly a treasure. Beautiful photos, inspiring poetry, and quotes from Celtic thinkers make this a book I’d love to give to friends who want to deepen their understanding of Celtic Christianity. What made the book […]
July 29, 2009
T. Suzie Eller’s The Mom I Want to Be is a must-read for moms who want to break free from a painful childhood. Woven through her painful childhood story is the story of her mom’s powerful journey toward healing. Eller offers moms a way through the mire of a painful past by welcoming forgiveness, setting […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Lori Perry: Thank You for this Podcast. It starts off my day t...
- Mary E. DeMuth: I am so sorry for what you’ve been through. Bein...
- Sharman: Like Lynn who just commented, your message has bee...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your kind response, Ruth!...
- Ruth Uttley: I truly just stumbled across your site as I did a ...