This is a guest post from James (Jim) Watkins, a terrific communicator and author. Two years ago, I posted my Top ten things I (Jim) am giving up for Lent 10. Kidney stones 9. Sushi 8. “Reality” TV 7. Body piercing (other than the usual household repair accidents) 6. Multi-level marketing schemes 5. Urban legends […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | author
March 9, 2011
Yesterday I received the ARC (Advance Reader Copy) of my upcoming novel, The Muir House. Here’s a little blurb: Willa Muir can’t say yes to the love of her life … until she explores her past and solves the mystery of a haunting dream. But when Willa’s desperate search unearths unthinkable secrets, her heart collapses. […]
March 7, 2011
I’m thankful to have a cool cache of friends who are in the publishing industry. This post launches writer week, for all of those who want to be published or are strange enough to wonder about the process of publication, stay tuned each day. Today I’m blessed to offer you sage advice from many folks. […]
March 1, 2011
September 28, 2010
I sang the words, “Glorify your name” this Sunday at church. I meant them. And then I thought about God’s name: Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit. The triune God. His name, His character infuses the Bible. He is the author, the writer, the initiator of all things. He writes the book. And since He writes it, […]
April 1, 2010
I had the privilege again this year to pray at the Palm Sunday service at Mount Hermon. Not usually prone to write out my prayers for a situation like this, I felt God nudge me to be sure I prayed particular things. So I wrote it down. Here it is. I pray it blesses you. […]
March 31, 2010
Head Start Mentoring fiction. Great gals! John Olson, me, Randy IngermansonOh the flora!Amazing bridge. Creekbed Redwood chapel Dave, Rachel and Angus chatting Fiction Mentoring class. Great group of peeps!
March 24, 2010
I don’t want to rain on your publishing parade, but I do want you to be realistic about traditional publishing. Here are 7 myths you need to know about. All authors make a bucket load of money! (Click to tweet this.) (Actuality: We make about 78 cents a book. Most of us make less […]
October 23, 2009
“Samuel said, ‘Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord, but rushed upon the spoil and did what was evil in the sight of the Lord?’ Then Saul said to Samuel, ‘I did obey the voice of the Lord, and went on the mission on which the Lord sent me . . […]
Join the re-storied!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- When Leaders Fall April 22, 2018
- Vote for your favorite art March 23, 2018
- Sexual Abuse and Porn – A Correlation March 2, 2018
- Why I Make Art for Lent February 27, 2018
- How to get Pray Every Day on any device February 9, 2018
- Mary DeMuth: Oh you are sweet. Thank you so much, Myriam. I nee...
- Myriam Tuttle: Free, unashamed, new.... all the truth labels that...
- Mary DeMuth: It sure does. But that also means you're normal. ...
- Janelle Keith: Thank you for saying that. As we know should have...
- Mary DeMuth: I'm so grateful it's been a blessing to you, Kat...