Most of us on the South African Airways flight from Johannesburg to Dulles (Washington DC) were from the Congress. A camaraderie bustled between us. I sat next to Andrew who works with businessmen. We had a great conversation, enjoyed dinner, then landed in Dakar, Senegal to refuel. Airborne again, we chatted a bit, then both […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Lausanne congress
October 27, 2010
October 24, 2010
At communion tonight at the close of the Cape Town 2010 congress, I again gave my writing career/ministry to Jesus. I told Him to take it all, to do what He wanted, to receive it as an offering. He reminded me, “Your job is to love Me.” And then He whispered this verse to me: […]
October 22, 2010
It may seem like a very small thing, but when I listened to Vaughan Roberts of England, he said a little phrase that stirred me way deep inside. “Word gifts,” he said. (more…)
October 21, 2010
What a blessing this day off has been. My new friend Aldyth drove me around the cape. We got to see breathtaking views, an ostrich, a seal, each other, a cute cafe (where you see the sign), the waterfront, the protea plant (yellow flower), the world cup stadium, and so much more. Click on the […]
October 19, 2010
So I sat next to a man from Croatia at dinner. He is a lawyer and also runs a house church movement. And he has a wife and children. He and his friend were utterly delightful and very funny. After eating our dinners, we moved to several subjects, the last of which was money. “I […]
October 18, 2010
Tonight at Cape Town, we learned about the persecuted church. That our Chinese brothers and sisters were not there made me cry. We stood and prayed, indicating that our empty seats were for them. They have a seat at the table. They sent us convicting scriptures, and a song whose words spoke of the love […]
October 17, 2010
As I write this, three African men finished praying in French. It was beautiful hearing French again, particularly in prayer. I am already overwhelmed. (more…)
October 15, 2010
I am so tired and worn out, but have had great conversations with about ten people so far. I will have wifi at the convention where I hope to blog from, but none in the hotel (except to pay an arm and a leg.) I know this sounds petty, but I won’t have a hair […]
October 14, 2010
“For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands” (Isaiah 55:12, NAS). Amen! I’m off and running. Lots of travel. Lack of sleep. A new adventure. […]
October 12, 2010
I’ve been reading a book that’s pestered me. It’s a Christian living book, probably selling well. In it, the author talks about only doing what you want to do, focusing on passion, shying away from that which isn’t genuinely fulfilling. As I’ve bothered over this, I remember my friend Paul in Ghana who is struggling […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Lori Perry: Thank You for this Podcast. It starts off my day t...
- Mary E. DeMuth: I am so sorry for what you’ve been through. Bein...
- Sharman: Like Lynn who just commented, your message has bee...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your kind response, Ruth!...
- Ruth Uttley: I truly just stumbled across your site as I did a ...