Most of us on the South African Airways flight from Johannesburg to Dulles (Washington DC) were from the Congress. A camaraderie bustled between us. I sat next to Andrew who works with businessmen. We had a great conversation, enjoyed dinner, then landed in Dakar, Senegal to refuel. Airborne again, we chatted a bit, then both […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Lausanne congress
October 27, 2010
October 24, 2010
At communion tonight at the close of the Cape Town 2010 congress, I again gave my writing career/ministry to Jesus. I told Him to take it all, to do what He wanted, to receive it as an offering. He reminded me, “Your job is to love Me.” And then He whispered this verse to me: […]
October 22, 2010
It may seem like a very small thing, but when I listened to Vaughan Roberts of England, he said a little phrase that stirred me way deep inside. “Word gifts,” he said. (more…)
October 21, 2010
What a blessing this day off has been. My new friend Aldyth drove me around the cape. We got to see breathtaking views, an ostrich, a seal, each other, a cute cafe (where you see the sign), the waterfront, the protea plant (yellow flower), the world cup stadium, and so much more. Click on the […]
October 19, 2010
So I sat next to a man from Croatia at dinner. He is a lawyer and also runs a house church movement. And he has a wife and children. He and his friend were utterly delightful and very funny. After eating our dinners, we moved to several subjects, the last of which was money. “I […]
October 18, 2010
Tonight at Cape Town, we learned about the persecuted church. That our Chinese brothers and sisters were not there made me cry. We stood and prayed, indicating that our empty seats were for them. They have a seat at the table. They sent us convicting scriptures, and a song whose words spoke of the love […]
October 17, 2010
As I write this, three African men finished praying in French. It was beautiful hearing French again, particularly in prayer. I am already overwhelmed. (more…)
October 15, 2010
I am so tired and worn out, but have had great conversations with about ten people so far. I will have wifi at the convention where I hope to blog from, but none in the hotel (except to pay an arm and a leg.) I know this sounds petty, but I won’t have a hair […]
October 14, 2010
“For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands” (Isaiah 55:12, NAS). Amen! I’m off and running. Lots of travel. Lack of sleep. A new adventure. […]
October 12, 2010
I’ve been reading a book that’s pestered me. It’s a Christian living book, probably selling well. In it, the author talks about only doing what you want to do, focusing on passion, shying away from that which isn’t genuinely fulfilling. As I’ve bothered over this, I remember my friend Paul in Ghana who is struggling […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Subscribe to Pray Every Day
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- Pray Every Day is TWO! February 1, 2020
- I’m taking a Sabbatical December 19, 2019
- The Most Beautiful Letter August 21, 2019
- Why I Wrote We Too August 13, 2019
- Prayer Requests May 24, 2019
- Let's Go To She Speaks! - April Things to Do - Do A New Thing: […] Mary DeMuth is another best-selling auth...
- No One Elevates Women Like King Jesus - Mary DeMuth (Pod #89) - Jesus Smart: […] BOOKS & ART BY MARY DEMUTH — S...
- Restored & Re-Storied: An Interview with Mary DeMuth – Bible Advocate: […] I discovered a woman named Mary DeMuth....
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...
- Mary DeMuth: Oh you are sweet. Thank you so much, Myriam. I nee...