As an unpublished author, I attended my first major Christian writers conference. Author Randy Alcorn keynoted. Having always admired him for his humility and dedication to the kingdom of God, I soaked up his words, particularly when he shared, “The greatest danger of notoriety is you start thinking about you. People then exist to serve […]
video goes here
Search results for "celebrity"
July 23, 2015
As you know, I’ve been reading through my 2500 past posts this summer. I found this one and wondered whether I should share it or not. But it serves as a good cautionary tale for anyone who in some way has status within the Christian subculture. You don’t have to be “famous” to glean truth […]
January 10, 2014
So three times in a week I walked into a public place (store, restaurant) and I was recognized. As in, “Are you Mary DeMuth, the author”? types of questions. Each time I was with a family member, and we laughed about it afterward. It shocked the heck out of me, to be honest. I am […]
July 29, 2013
I’ve been praying a lot about this post. To be frank, I’m a little scared because I know I’ve had a modicum of fame, and I worry that I could become a Me Monster in fame’s aftermath. That’s why I have a prayer team who has been with me since 2004 before I was published. […]
March 21, 2012
Last week, I read Rachel Held Evans’ post entitled “Scattered Thoughts on my life in the Christian Industry.” She said a great many things, but this resonated with me the most: I sit in the green room, fidgeting with my water bottle and trying not to make eye contact with the famous preacher whose pictures […]
August 15, 2018
Consider these definitions of Day of Reckoning: If someone talks about the day of reckoning, they mean a day or time in the future when people will be forced to deal with an unpleasant situation which they have avoided until now. via COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers Noun: A time when the effects of one’s past mistakes or misdeeds catch up with one. […]
April 19, 2017
Holiness means set apart, to be different. But as I scan the landscape of the church, so often I see sameness with our culture. The divorce rate is the same. People are sleeping together before marriage without so much as a blink of conscience. You see Christians swindling others (one stole our house when we […]
September 6, 2016
This topic has been ricocheting in my heart and head many years. I’ve noticed a greater influx of reader email and Facebook conversations about this topic, so much so that I felt it would be wise to address it again. (I wrote this post five ago, and I’ve updated it to give you more resources.) […]
September 28, 2015
This is the second in a three-week series camping on two words. This week? Me too. Writers, communicators, ministers, workers, disciples: the most powerful words you can evoke in a person are these: me, too. Writers, communicators, ministers, workers, disciples: the most powerful words you can evoke in a person are these: me, too. Click […]
January 8, 2015
I looked at my bank statement today and got that weird panicky feeling again. It’s silly, I know. God has this, right? But again, I worry. And then I commit the sin of Facebook, looking at all the shiny people doing all the shiny things–becoming wildly successful, living their best lives on the stage of […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Lori Perry: Thank You for this Podcast. It starts off my day t...
- Mary E. DeMuth: I am so sorry for what you’ve been through. Bein...
- Sharman: Like Lynn who just commented, your message has bee...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your kind response, Ruth!...
- Ruth Uttley: I truly just stumbled across your site as I did a ...