The 11 Secrets of Getting Published, is a compilation of my best tips on getting published. In this 60,000 word book, you’ll learn how to: Develop discipline. Weather rejection. Woo an agent with your amazing query letter and/or proposal. Understand the publishing business. Perfect your writing craft. At the end of the book are three […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | publishing
June 1, 2011
I never thought I’d self publish anything. Truly. I’m a traditionally published girl with eleven books under my author belt. I love my publishers, love what they’ve done. But there came a time when one of my book ideas didn’t fit within their needs. The kernel of the idea to e-publish started when I pioneered […]
September 12, 2010
Today we have the privilege of hearing from Lauraine Snelling, a dear, dear woman with a quick wit and great mind. She’s going to do the third part of the transitions series (of which I was a part). Be sure to sign up for free here to listen to her tomorrow. The download of my […]
April 1, 2010
I had the privilege again this year to pray at the Palm Sunday service at Mount Hermon. Not usually prone to write out my prayers for a situation like this, I felt God nudge me to be sure I prayed particular things. So I wrote it down. Here it is. I pray it blesses you. […]
March 31, 2010
Head Start Mentoring fiction. Great gals! John Olson, me, Randy IngermansonOh the flora!Amazing bridge. Creekbed Redwood chapel Dave, Rachel and Angus chatting Fiction Mentoring class. Great group of peeps!
March 24, 2010
I don’t want to rain on your publishing parade, but I do want you to be realistic about traditional publishing. Here are 7 myths you need to know about. All authors make a bucket load of money! (Click to tweet this.) (Actuality: We make about 78 cents a book. Most of us make less […]
January 3, 2010
(Picture credit: me, at Chihuly museum in Tacoma, WA). I’m posting this picture for a reason, to show the beauty of art that took invention, labor, and creativity to make.) Today over at Facebook I asked the question, “Why do poorly written books sell well?” Some spoke of the importance of story (and I agree.) […]
October 23, 2009
“Samuel said, ‘Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord, but rushed upon the spoil and did what was evil in the sight of the Lord?’ Then Saul said to Samuel, ‘I did obey the voice of the Lord, and went on the mission on which the Lord sent me . . […]
October 16, 2009
I share the “secret” of writing success over at Michael Hyatt’s blog today. He’s the CEO of Thomas Nelson. Let me know what you think. How many hours have you tallied?
August 24, 2009
God’s been doing cool things in my life–painful, but good initiatives. He’s been slowing me down, helping me see that a frenetic pace is not His highest for my life. In light of that, I’ve hired my two critique partners, D’Ann Mateer and Leslie Wilson to share the mentoring load at The Writing Spa. We’ve […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Subscribe to Pray Every Day
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- Pray Every Day is TWO! February 1, 2020
- I’m taking a Sabbatical December 19, 2019
- The Most Beautiful Letter August 21, 2019
- Why I Wrote We Too August 13, 2019
- Prayer Requests May 24, 2019
- Let's Go To She Speaks! - April Things to Do - Do A New Thing: […] Mary DeMuth is another best-selling auth...
- No One Elevates Women Like King Jesus - Mary DeMuth (Pod #89) - Jesus Smart: […] BOOKS & ART BY MARY DEMUTH — S...
- Restored & Re-Storied: An Interview with Mary DeMuth – Bible Advocate: […] I discovered a woman named Mary DeMuth....
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...
- Mary DeMuth: Oh you are sweet. Thank you so much, Myriam. I nee...