Last week I had the privilege of hosting Harry Bingham from the UK, discussing a breakout memoir. This week he shares an even more exciting story. This is proof that if you have a story to tell, don’t keep it in your head. Write it down. Here’s Harry: I wrote recently on this site about […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | healing from sexual abuse
April 21, 2011
Melissa continues the themes of this post on her blog, Breathe Deeply. She partners with her husband to bring the message of healing and restoration to people through Rally Point Ministries. (Want to encourage others by sharing your Thin Place story? Read here to find out how.) **** Several years ago, exhaustion found me lying […]
March 3, 2011
Hurt happens. Healing can happen, too – even when the hurt is horrific. In today’s Thin Place story Loretta shows us we can receive God’s wisely gentle healing. (Has God ministered to you in a Thin Place? Want to share your story? Go here to read how.) **** I was only 6 months old when […]
October 7, 2010
Many Thin Places are born of adversity. Thankfully, healing is available through the grace of God. Visit Ginny’s photo blog at GraceGlimpses.com and her RamblinRose blog to see reminders of God’s goodness. (Would you like to share your Thin Place story? Here’s the info on how you can.) **** What was to begin a happy […]
August 21, 2010
Kelli Zaniel’s story reminds us that some Thin Places appear in the midst of evil. Check out her blog, Mothers On a Mission to see more evidence of God’s redeeming power. Feel prompted to share your Thin Place story? Here’s how you can. **** My modest apartment is flooded with darkness when I enter. As […]
April 27, 2010
Yesterday on my run, the song “Cedars of Lebanon” by U2 came up. The last stanza stunned me. It’s taken me a day to digest it, but I believe there’s deep truth for the victims of sexual abuse hidden there. The lyrics: Choose your enemies carefully, ’cause they will define you Make them interesting […]
April 22, 2010
This is a hard post to write and admit to. But it’s true. You’d think that someone who was a victim of abuse would shun that victimhood status the moment she realized it, flinging it as far as the East is from the West. Nope. I coddled it. Nursed it. Loved it to ragged death. […]
April 20, 2010
In no particular order, here are ten things I’ve dealt with in the aftermath of being raped as a five-year-old: I have believed I have no worth, other than to be used for someone else’s pleasure. I’m thankful this has faded quite a bit, and Jesus has healed me of so much. Still, it lingers. […]
April 18, 2010
This came from a reader recently: A thought for your blog sometime… I would be really interested in hearing you talk more about this idea that those who are abused are”marked.” I read about this and believe that it’s true, but I’d like to hear more of your thoughts on it. I’ll answer this in […]
June 11, 2009
From Iona–a guest post by a blog reader: Here are some lessons I’m finding must be taken to heart. These apply to perpetrators in general. 1. Touch Tests: A perpetrator will test your reception of his presence. A perpetrator may be attentive to the story of your past. He may wink as he evaluates your […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- I despise neediness in myself June 16, 2020
- Celebrating = healing June 1, 2020
- A Deep, Yet Accessible Bible Study May 22, 2020
- Pray Every Day is TWO! February 1, 2020
- I’m taking a Sabbatical December 19, 2019
- Mary DeMuth, Restory Show podcast host | Q&A - Katherine Scott Jones: […] people to share their stories with liste...
- Let's Go To She Speaks! - April Things to Do - Do A New Thing: […] Mary DeMuth is another best-selling auth...
- No One Elevates Women Like King Jesus - Mary DeMuth (Pod #89) - Jesus Smart: […] BOOKS & ART BY MARY DEMUTH — S...
- Restored & Re-Storied: An Interview with Mary DeMuth – Bible Advocate: […] I discovered a woman named Mary DeMuth....
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...