video goes here
Tag Archives | friends
March 15, 2009
Eternal perspective extends friendships forever Our friendships today whet our appetites for heaven. Speaking with my friend Sue on the phone is painful—in that I’d rather the conversation not end. Having a Mexican lunch with Renee feels cut short. Receiving a funny card from another Renee resonates laughter right to my toes. Hearing Holly pray […]
November 2, 2006
Once I knew a woman who was a shell of a person. She’d been utterly drained of her humanity and had no idea who she was. So I made up a story about her, about why she was the way she was. I only started it, didn’t finish. I wonder if I’m the only writer […]
October 26, 2006
Lisa helped me today, though she doesn’t know it. The prayer she posted at Author Intrusion gave words to my heart. It’s my prayer today.
October 16, 2006
A Seahorse on the Thames, by Susan Meissner, is a beautiful story of love, forgiveness, memory, and hope. Meissner’s characters are so real, I can hear their voices as I read. She paints folks as flawed, yet yearning—needy, yet strong. I wanted her protagonist, Alexa Poole, to grow, risk, and untangle the story of her […]
October 6, 2006
Jeanne and George. They visited us in September. Aren’t they cute? Clay with our three kids. Christine and Clay. They visited us in September.
October 4, 2006
So, yeah. My friend Joel has found me. In cyberworld. He sends me all sorts of important pieces of information. Like today he sent me this tidbit: Joel will be in Tampa for two evenings of worship, bringing a message of inspiration, hope, and encouragement to your city. We are looking for volunteers to help […]
October 1, 2006
I had the privilege to listen to Bret Lott address the Christy Awards in July. I recently found out his speech is on the Christy site. If you are an aspiring novelist, take his words to heart. *** Also, look at the post below to win a free book. Only ONE of you has entered […]
September 2, 2006
One of the several ABFs (Adult Bible Fellowships) who pray for us Good friend Michael Leslie, moi, D’Ann: The Critique Group Known as LIFE SENTENCE…We’re in this for life! Out to dinner with the Hamiltons Mount Hermon Reunion Julia caught her first fish! ea
August 22, 2006
Yep, Ginger! I did it. (Ginger is my cute, hipster friend in NY who is already pierced. Ginger, if you’re reading this, please know I didn’t copy you…I know how that goes…) So, yeah. The nose is officially pierced. Did it hurt? Yep. Is it cute? Yep. The only fear? We have lunch today with […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- When We Neglect the Millstone We Cast Stones at Survivors December 11, 2018
- I believe you October 4, 2018
- Vulnerability after a Friend Breakup October 3, 2018
- The Why October 2, 2018
- When Facebook Friends Fight October 1, 2018
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...
- Mary DeMuth: Oh you are sweet. Thank you so much, Myriam. I nee...
- Myriam Tuttle: Free, unashamed, new.... all the truth labels that...
- Mary DeMuth: It sure does. But that also means you're normal. ...
- Janelle Keith: Thank you for saying that. As we know should have...