A Seahorse on the Thames, by Susan Meissner, is a beautiful story of love, forgiveness, memory, and hope. Meissner’s characters are so real, I can hear their voices as I read. She paints folks as flawed, yet yearning—needy, yet strong. I wanted her protagonist, Alexa Poole, to grow, risk, and untangle the story of her […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | book review
October 16, 2006
I normally have my One Year Bible handy when I have my breakfast. I’m delving into Jeremiah’s depression right now. To be honest, it makes me pretty darned sad for poor Jeremiah. But, alas, today, my One Year was two flights up and I was too lazy to get it. So I perused my bookshelf […]
October 10, 2006
It’s such a surprise and joy when I receive letters from readers, but this one stood above the rest. My heart in writing fiction has been to use the power of story to touch folks deep in their hearts. It’s confirming to see this happen: I just finished Wishing on Dandelions and sat crying for […]
September 15, 2006
Reviewer and writer Michelle Sutton reviewed Wishing on Dandelions here.
August 31, 2006
Today I found this on Watching the Tree Limbs Amazon site: A Whole Saturday . . . gone, thanks to this book!, August 27, 2006 Reviewer: L. Ward “Pastor Boy” (Dallas, TX) – See all my reviews Way to go, DeMuth! You’ve taken away a whole Saturday from me. All I wanted to do was […]
July 17, 2006
This was my second ICRS (International Christian Retail Show). Last year, admittedly, I felt a bit lost. It was Joel Osteen’s year, his white-toothed smile plastered everywhere: busses, banners, billboards. Omnipresent, he watched me like those creepy paintings with the eyes removed in haunted houses. This year, no such haunting. There didn’t seem to one […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- Feeling Unloved and Unseen? Two ways to be prayed for. June 18, 2018
- CNN interview about #MeToo June 14, 2018
- VIDEO: Abuse, Jesus and Church June 13, 2018
- The Abused: The Church Must Do Better June 12, 2018
- Going Forward May 31, 2018
- Mary DeMuth: Oh you are sweet. Thank you so much, Myriam. I nee...
- Myriam Tuttle: Free, unashamed, new.... all the truth labels that...
- Mary DeMuth: It sure does. But that also means you're normal. ...
- Janelle Keith: Thank you for saying that. As we know should have...
- Mary DeMuth: I'm so grateful it's been a blessing to you, Kat...