A Seahorse on the Thames, by Susan Meissner, is a beautiful story of love, forgiveness, memory, and hope. Meissner’s characters are so real, I can hear their voices as I read. She paints folks as flawed, yet yearning—needy, yet strong. I wanted her protagonist, Alexa Poole, to grow, risk, and untangle the story of her […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | book review
October 16, 2006
I normally have my One Year Bible handy when I have my breakfast. I’m delving into Jeremiah’s depression right now. To be honest, it makes me pretty darned sad for poor Jeremiah. But, alas, today, my One Year was two flights up and I was too lazy to get it. So I perused my bookshelf […]
October 10, 2006
It’s such a surprise and joy when I receive letters from readers, but this one stood above the rest. My heart in writing fiction has been to use the power of story to touch folks deep in their hearts. It’s confirming to see this happen: I just finished Wishing on Dandelions and sat crying for […]
September 15, 2006
Reviewer and writer Michelle Sutton reviewed Wishing on Dandelions here.
August 31, 2006
Today I found this on Watching the Tree Limbs Amazon site: A Whole Saturday . . . gone, thanks to this book!, August 27, 2006 Reviewer: L. Ward “Pastor Boy” (Dallas, TX) – See all my reviews Way to go, DeMuth! You’ve taken away a whole Saturday from me. All I wanted to do was […]
July 17, 2006
This was my second ICRS (International Christian Retail Show). Last year, admittedly, I felt a bit lost. It was Joel Osteen’s year, his white-toothed smile plastered everywhere: busses, banners, billboards. Omnipresent, he watched me like those creepy paintings with the eyes removed in haunted houses. This year, no such haunting. There didn’t seem to one […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Confession: I have writing regrets November 30, 2020
- Vivi Soesanty: Psalm 42 Hi Mary, I’m listening to your Psalms ...
- Mary DeMuth: Sounds terrific, Marsha....
- Charlotte Guest: Thank you for your wise words, advice and guidance...
- Mary DeMuth: That's a fair and real topic, to be sure....
- Trish Jenkins: Mary, thank you for that last statement, “Those ...