This review comes from Christina Severinghaus. This is the second book of fiction that I have read written by Mary DeMuth. Just like the first one, Daisy Chain, this one A Slow Burn kept me up all night, I simply could not put it down. Her character development is amazing, the descriptions of Defiance so […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | book review
October 16, 2009
I truly fell in love with the struggling characters in Watch Over Me, a novel about loss, need, soul damage, and relationships that heal. Christa Parrish knows how to draw a reader into a complex, emotional, but not overwrought story. Her subtlety is superb. She entices the reader with just enough to want more, painstakingly […]
October 9, 2009
A Perfect Gift for Those Who Want to Deepen Their Faith, October 9, 2009 Celtic Treasure by Liz Babbs is truly a treasure. Beautiful photos, inspiring poetry, and quotes from Celtic thinkers make this a book I’d love to give to friends who want to deepen their understanding of Celtic Christianity. What made the book […]
December 5, 2006
I can’t tell you how very tired I am of boring Christian books. There exists some sort of “acceptable” content that we write about ad infinitum, but rarely do we hear from writers who dare to go out on limbs–to share what is really, really inside. It takes guts. It’s not easy. I’m not talking […]
November 3, 2006
Shannon over at shenandoahdawn reflects on how a particular passage in Wishing on Dandelions affected her. You can read her words here. Lisa Samson, one of my most favorite people on this planet, is featured on InFuze this week. It’s a convicting, real, raw, surprising interview. Read her words here.
October 24, 2006
I posted over at The Master’s Artist today about the top 50 books that influenced my relationship with Jesus and my relationship with words. Check it out.
October 24, 2006
Camy Tang gives an honest review of Watching the Tree Limbs over at Camy’s Loft today. I really appreciate that she’s willing to say the book is hard to read, but still shows the hope that (hopefully) shines through. You can read her review here.
October 21, 2006
I read a lot of books. A lot. Sometimes I’m dazzled. Sometimes I’m not. I’m reading one of those not-so-dazzling books right now. The cover art is amazing. The endorsements intrigued me. But after about 20 pages in, I realized I was reading the same book I’ve been reading for the past ten years. Same […]
October 19, 2006
Spoiler alert: If you haven’t read Watching the Tree Limbs, don’t go over to Jamie’s blog and read this entry. It’s a review of Wishing on Dandelions that made me smile.
October 18, 2006
Pam Meyers blessed me today with this post over at her blog. She’s taking up the crusade. Thanks Pam!
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- I despise neediness in myself June 16, 2020
- Celebrating = healing June 1, 2020
- A Deep, Yet Accessible Bible Study May 22, 2020
- Pray Every Day is TWO! February 1, 2020
- I’m taking a Sabbatical December 19, 2019
- Mary DeMuth, Restory Show podcast host | Q&A - Katherine Scott Jones: […] people to share their stories with liste...
- Let's Go To She Speaks! - April Things to Do - Do A New Thing: […] Mary DeMuth is another best-selling auth...
- No One Elevates Women Like King Jesus - Mary DeMuth (Pod #89) - Jesus Smart: […] BOOKS & ART BY MARY DEMUTH — S...
- Restored & Re-Storied: An Interview with Mary DeMuth – Bible Advocate: […] I discovered a woman named Mary DeMuth....
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...