Cheryl Ricker, who won the Poetry Award at Mount Hermon. Austin Boyd, novelist. Kathy Ide, a great writer and editor. Steve Laube, agent. Rebeca Seitz, Publicist for Glass Road PR. Marlo Schalesky, novelist (and great roommate!) Jacque Alberta, editor for Zondervan. It was a huge privilege to photograph these folks and others at Mount Hermon. […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | photo
November 2, 2009
God speaks to me when I run. Today, chilled to the fingers, I ran toward the lake, my mind wandering. Something shiny and bright caught my eye. Caught in the overhead telephone line was the shredded remains of a kite. It couldn’t get free, the tangles getting the best of it. But just as I […]
October 9, 2009
A Perfect Gift for Those Who Want to Deepen Their Faith, October 9, 2009 Celtic Treasure by Liz Babbs is truly a treasure. Beautiful photos, inspiring poetry, and quotes from Celtic thinkers make this a book I’d love to give to friends who want to deepen their understanding of Celtic Christianity. What made the book […]
July 25, 2009
I’m really happy about this cover! It captures the essence of the book, but leaves mystery. What do you think?
July 7, 2009
Colorado Munich Italian Riviera France rose Switzerland Valbonne, France Texas, Sabine Creek Ranch I wonder if I am an artist at heart. I love beauty. Love, love, love the sunset, the sunrise. Flowers. Mountains. The smell of Spring air. The ocean. A Picasso. A baby’s smile. A beautiful piece of hand-thrown pottery. My children. Here’s […]
May 18, 2009
Admiring the flowers A laughing me A funny husband A goofy girl A thinking boy A happy teen A smiling dog A posing cat A harvesting of potatoes A reach-for-the-sky hollyhock The first bloom of lavender Our vining house A plot of earth A pan of garden beets A dish of new garden potatoes with […]
April 27, 2009
The Lord spoke to me as I jogged by this seemingly dead tree the other day. I’m finally coming to the place where I’d like to write about it. So much of my earlier years felt like this tree–decaying, dried out, devoid of life. Sometimes our early days go this way, don’t they? I’m not […]
April 20, 2009
Those two words are reverberating through me today as I once again try to foster discipline in my life–to spend time with Jesus, to pray, to examine my day with purpose, to eat well, to worship in song, to exercise, to bless my children with attention and prayers, to read out loud to my kids, […]
April 7, 2009
Pray for traveling mercies. Hooray! I come home today to my sweet family. A week is a long time to be away. Pray for my final session about writing from the inside out. It’s a good/deep/hard talk, one that I hope truly brings people face to face with Jesus.
April 4, 2009
Today I meet the folks in my major morning track. Pray the Lord would move mightily through us, that many would gain deep insight into their writing and hearts. Pray for sustaining strength for me and for protection as well. My prayer: Thank You Lord for the privilege of teaching others about words. What a […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Mary: I do have a Bible study that helps you as someone ...
- Ann: Do you have prayer recommendations for families or...
- Mary: I'm so sorry. It may be helpful to read We Too, o...
- Joemal Bonneau: Joemal is my name. My cousin sexually assaulted me...
- Mary DeMuth: He is certainly not finished with you, Gina. So so...