21 years ago you hollered your way into our world on Christmas Eve, and you’ve been an instrument of God’s grace ever since. Here are twenty-one things I love about you, Sophie dear!
- You absolutely, truly love Jesus.
- You value family, and you prioritize your time with us.
- You are so very, very funny (and you have your dad’s dry sense of humor. I love it!)
- Your face! You are a girl of one million crazy faces.
- You adore your brother and sister and seek to encourage them.
- You seek advice from wise people.
- You don’t obsess over looks, but you are beautiful!
- You actively seek out how to encourage others.
- You write notes of kindness to people.
- You are open to going wherever God leads.
- You’ve learned the art and joy of forgiving those who have hurt you.
- You communicate beautifully, particularly spiritual truths. (preacher girl!)
- You love to learn.
- You help those who struggle with learning by explaining things in teachable terms.
- You sacrifice for others.
- You deny yourself things in order to help those less fortunate than you.
- You pray. And you trust God for outcomes even when things don’t seem like they’ll ever turn around.
- You ask great questions.
- You sing beautifully and sincerely.
- Your heart breaks at the things that break God’s heart.
- You take risks.
I love you, Sophie, and I’m so proud of the beautiful, amazing woman you are and are becoming. God is going to do GREAT things in your life this year. I know it.