I’m so grateful you’ve stopped by. Why? Because I truly believe in the beauty of speaking–where Jesus uncages the enslaved, heals the broken, and sheds light on people’s dark stories. I have had the privilege of watching the Holy Spirit utterly, completely transform people. My desire is to see this kind of raucous redemption permeate your amazing event.
About this page
- A little about me and my philosophy of speaking. Click here
- A speaking reel so you can get a feel for my style & passion. Click here
- A list of my most requested topics Click here
- A smattering of endorsements from ministry leaders and audience members. Click here
- A quick word about how to book me to speak. Click here
A little about me
A wee fact: I’ve been speaking longer than I’ve been published (since the bygone ’80s when a Flock of Seagulls sang “I ran”). I love sharing life-changing truths with audiences, watching transformation unfold as I speak. I’ve had the privilege of speaking around the country and the world, from Monaco to Minneapolis, South Africa to North Carolina.
So, yeah, this isn’t my first rodeo. A sampling of places I’ve spoken:
- Church planting staff conference in the Netherlands
- Congregation on the East Coast
- Retreat in Munich, Germany
- Makeshift outdoor church under a tarp in Haiti
- Congregation in Southern France
- Small conference in Monaco
- Marvelous retreat in Indiana
- Writer’s conference in San Diego and Austin
- Megachurch service in Texas
- National conference in Minnesota
- Women’s Retreat in Florence, Italy
- National mom’s conference in Florida
- Major blogger’s conference in Pennsylvania
- Small group of Christians in Northern Ghana
- National speakers conference in North Carolina
- Women’s Blogging Conference in Texas.
- Church services in Ohio.
- Women’s conference in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Several college chapels: here, here, here, and here.
Here’s my heart: I love to share about the transforming power of Jesus, to see people’s lives unfold into freedom and peace and healing. That’s what makes my heart come alive–seeing audience’s grasp uncaged living, full of impossible (yet now possible) joy.
If you’d like to check on my availability click the graphic below:
If you want to see me speak, here’s a reel of recent engagements. Warning: I laughed as I watched this, as it seems I wear the SAME RED JACKET and thrift store skirt in most of these clips. Goes to show I believe the message is more important than the outfit.
Most Requested Topics
Side note for speaker coordinators: I happily tailor my speaking topics to the needs of your group. If you don’t see a topic here that works for your event, email me at Mary @ MaryDeMuth.com and we will work on this together. I believe in the power of prayer as we mutually seek what God wants to bring to your congregation. Here are my most requested topics:
- Not Marked Click here
- Tear Down the Wall Around Your Heart Click here
- Find Everything Jesus Has for You Click here
- Discover Your Thin Places Click here
- How Do I Get Published? Click here
- Master Social Media Joyfully Click here
I help your group:
- Discover they’re no longer alone in their story.
- Uncover practical ways to move beyond their sexual abuse.
- Embrace a new, forward-thinking life, no longer enslaved to the past.
(Note: This seminar has the option to include my husband. It then becomes a marriage seminar to help couples create the kind of marriage that brings healing to sexual abuse survivors.)
Here’s our story together:
I help your group:
- Discover how to tear down protective walls through The Lord’s Prayer.
- Move from bitterness and unforgiveness to embrace an openhearted, freed life.
- Learn to run toward community instead of fleeing in fear.
I talk a little more about the beauty of tearing down walls here:
I help your group:
- Let go of tight-fisted control so they can truly receive everything Jesus offers.
- How to recognize the joy and peace Jesus has for them.
- Discover the freedom that comes from leaving the past behind.
Watch me talk about Everything: What You Give and What You Gain to Become Like Jesus:
I help your group:
- Discover the power of finding their own thin places.
- Discern the places God has come near in their stories.
- Understand how God draws close to them in pain.
I tell my Thin Place story here:
I help your group:
- Find their unique path to publication (self, e, traditional, crowdfunding).
- Learn how to build a platform without sacrificing heart.
- Become a better writer and storyteller.
For corporations wanting to publish, writers conferences, or people gathering to publish their own stories, I can tailor this publication talk to fit your audience’s unique needs. A compilation of the book, The 11 Secrets of Getting Published.-
I help your group:
- Understand and implement social media in a natural, warm and inviting way.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of social media while finding joy in reaching people.
- Find out how to manage their time in a way that doesn’t interfere with tasks.
I’ve learned the slow and steady method of understanding and using social media in an invitational, open way–a wooing toward community and connectivity. This talk is for corporations dipping their toes into social media for the first time as well as artists timid about technical things.
In speaking around the world, I’ve gathered sweet friends and a few endorsements along the way. I’m excited for you to meet them!
Ministry Leaders Say:
|“Mary manages to combine humility, wisdom, sincerity, and truth in every single message. Every part of you will be moved: your heart, your mind, and your will.” Jen Hatmaker, Author of 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, Speaker|
|“Mary’s honesty, candor, and humor about parenting in a postmodern culture are incredibly refreshing. Brent Bounds, Director of Family Ministries, Redeemer Presbyterian Church – New York City|
|“Mary can speak to wounds in a way that few can but everyone needs. She is relatable and sincere and will bring truth in the spaces that feel most broken. She is gifted and God is using her in beautiful ways.” Jennie Allen, speaker, author of Restless and Pioneer of the If Gathering
|“Authors and agents that I highly respect kept telling me I needed to meet Mary DeMuth. I finally got the opportunity to do that last year at The Rewrite Conference. While there were several well known speakers none of them achieved the level of clarity, insight and practical advice Mary offered the audience.” Jim Henderson, CEO Jim Henderson Presents, author of The Resignation of Eve|
|“Mary’s honesty and humility with her story and the grace that only God can provide are her strengths. She presented a difficult testimony easily and put listeners at ease. She was very approachable and made time with several ladies who wanted to talk with her. Very impressive.” Lynde Griggs, Women’s Ministry Director, Christ Fellowship McKinney, Texas.|
|“Mary captured everyone’s attention from the beginning, as she shared how good community heals bad community. She built and blended her message to meet the needs of our event and social media blew up with the challenge she left us with. God spoke through Mary right into the hearts of the people and we were able to raise over $100,000, which provides much needed funds to continue the work of Saving Grace.” Becky Shaffer, Executive Direct and Co-Founder, Saving Grace in NW Arkansas|
|“As a speaker, Mary has that rare mix of wit, knowledge and experience that makes you lean in to listen. Add to these qualities her love for Jesus, and you have someone who presents grace and truth with undeniable depth.” Kurt W. Bubna, Senior Pastor Eastpoint Church and author of Epic Grace|
|“Mary DeMuth was authentic, transparent and beautifully approachable. In her down-to-earth style of communication, she allowed us to see ourselves in her story and to see God in our circumstances–even the hard ones.” Melissa Maimone, Director of Women’s Ministries NorthPark Community Church|
|“Pastors and conference organizers would do well to bring in the fiery and engaging Mary E. DeMuth to speak. We did. First Mary stirred the imaginations of our writers’ community – and then she shared the keynote of our parenting conference – delivering with big impact to our conference’s parent participants. Mary has a passion that’s contagious.” Aaron J. Kunce, Pastor of Married Life, Living Word Community Church in York, PA|
|“Some authors hide behind the persona they’ve created through their books. It’s impossible for Mary to do so. Earnestly down-to-earth, relentlessly encouraging, and spiritually engaging, Mary’s words, whether written or spoken, will simultaneously pierce your heart and augment your mind.” Blake Atwood, FaithVillage.com Church Leadership Editor|
|“Mary DeMuth engaged personally as well as professionally with our women. She offered an authentic and powerful testimony and left us better equipped through solid Biblical teaching to live a life uncaged!” Pastor Dawn Bodi, Congregational Care and Women’s Ministries, Evangelical Covenant Church|
|“Mary’s unique, fresh style will inspire, inform and challenge you.” Pastor Steve Stroope, LakePointe Church, Rockwall, TX|
|“Mary DeMuth held 100 writers spellbound! Her presentation was energetic, interesting, humorous and contained very practical information. It was outstanding, and we begged her to present the next year.” Glynnis Whitwer, Editor, P31 Woman, She Speaks Conference|
|“When Mary DeMuth spoke at our staff conferences in Europe, she impacted our missionaries with her transparency, passion and message of Jesus’ ability to heal wounds.” Linus Morris, former President, Christian Associates International, Senior Staff, Global Training Network|
|“Mary came to me highly recommended by other ministry partners and she lived up to every expectation. Her message touched the hearts of many and left us with wanting to hear more. She didn’t tickle our ears, she spoke biblical truth. Mary is definitely a speaker we’ll want to have back.” Dana Bailey, Mom2Mom Coordinator, Stonebriar Community Church, Frisco TX|
“Thank you to MOPS International for inviting Mary to speak here–best speaking at the convention. God spoke great things through Mary today.” and “This is exactly what I needed to hear. I have a starting place to finally be able to grow from. This workshop made the convention worth it for me.” National MOPS convention attendees
“Mary’s workshops are unbelievable. I truly felt closer to Jesus as a result.” Mike
“Mary did a FANTASTIC job! I know there were people there who had never heard such a message who have been hurt very deeply with unspeakable acts of violence or cruelty. Mary spoke to them in a beautiful way about God’s saving power.” Phyllis
“I can, without doubt, say Mary moved me more than most pastors I’ve heard in the last forty years. She’s reopened the door of hope for me.” Debra
“Mary is very real. A good and entertaining speaker, valuable importation, appropriate for this gathering. Can we have her come back next year? She felt like one of us! Authentic, wise, insightful.” Retreat attender
“Such an amazing woman with an awesome message! I prayed, laughed, cried and worshipped.” Roseann
“This was my 8th women’s retreat. I have enjoyed most of the speakers. But none of them exuded ‘up-close-and-personal’ as Mary did.” Laura
“Mary DeMuth’s teaching hit me to the core like a power sword.” Cheryl
“Mary has a real gift and strength as a speaker. Her heart for evangelism comes screaming out at times, tempered with solid teaching and foundational truths.” Madison
“When I walked out of Mary’s talks, I felt like I’d been to church. It was rich, deep, and life-changing.” Staci
Simply call or email Tor Constantino below.
Thank you for stopping by my speaking page. I look forward to meeting you, chatting about the possibilities for your amazing group!