I am learning. I am learning that pursuing Jesus and His will is different than blindly following advice. (Of course it’s good to follow advice. Proverbs tell us this, but that’s not the same as obeying advice without first weighing it). In my career, I am seeing that I could submit myself to all the […]
video goes here
November 24, 2015
I’m a speaker. I make a living sharing about Jesus in a wide variety of ways—teaching classes, keynoting, shouldering weekend retreats. Because of this, I’ve also connected with many speakers and watched their lives and presentations. I’ve been able to see what makes up an amazing speaker. Here are 7 traits of great speakers: One. […]
October 6, 2015
This is a guest post by Susan May Warren, my awesome novelist friend, to celebrate our compilation BARGAIN book on writing. If you’re an aspiring writer, longing to be published, pick up your awesome purchase of 99 cents here! So, here’s Susan! Oh and here she is: me, Rachel Hauck, Susie, and Tracy Higley. … […]
August 24, 2015
I’m grateful to welcome my friend Emily T. Wierenga to my blog today. I had the privilege of endorsing her book Making it Home–a beautiful piece of heartfelt, metaphoric memoir. You’ll get to “taste” some of her sweet writing skills in this piece she shared with me. Enjoy! … The year is 2011, and Kasher […]
May 20, 2015
I’m going to be starkly honest here. In my career I have one large regret, and it’s this: I’ve chased gurus far too much. Yes, I’ve prayed. Yes, I’ve relinquished. Yes, I’ve written and spoken the words I felt the Lord wanted me to share. But when it came to marketing, I tended to run […]
May 6, 2015
I’m humbled and grateful to announce that for the first time in 30 books, I made a bestseller list. Even though my name isn’t on the list, I’m okay with that. The Day I Met Jesus premiered at #2. I’m besotted! The book might just make a terrific Mother’s Day gift for your mama. You […]
January 2, 2015
Have you had a dream way down deep to hold a book with your name on the cover? Have you jotted a goal on your bucket list that included, Write a Book? Honestly, I never thought I’d hold my book in my hands. I didn’t think I’d get published. When I diapered and nurtured my […]
December 10, 2014
If you’re not a writer, and you don’t want to write a book, just skip this blog post. (Or share it with a writer friend). Today and today only, I’m offering my three writing books for 99 cents: The 11 Secrets of Getting Published (regularly priced $3.99), Write a Winning Nonfiction Proposal (regular price $9.97), […]
October 6, 2014
As of yesterday I’ve been blogging ten years. You can read my first-ever post here if you’re so inclined. I concluded my post by writing, If my verbal meanderings inspire you, I am thankful. If they push you closer to the throne of grace, I rejoice. If they stir up your ordered world, I am […]
July 29, 2014
I posted this on Facebook yesterday, and it blew up (in a good way.) So I wanted to share it here, with you, my faithful, sweet, praying readers. I pray these words of frailty reach your heart. … I’ve come to the conclusion that God is sovereign over my career/writing/ministry/speaking. He can do whatever He […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Confession of a Frazzled One–Do you relate? February 4, 2016
- 001 – The First Ever Restory Show with Bethany Kaczmarek January 28, 2016
- 10 Traits of a grace-based friend January 26, 2016
- Fun Announcement for Live Uncaged Listeners (and anyone else) January 25, 2016
- To You who Shames Yourself January 19, 2016
- Doris Swift: Thanks! Me too! I work in the office and in minist...
- Mary DeMuth: Kathy, I hear you. I'm there with you too. Job si...
- Mary DeMuth: Thanks, good words, Doris. I fight to stay in that...
- Doris Swift: Yes, it's been quite a season of stretch and grow...
- Kathy Sturgis: Yes, everything seems confused and out of control....