Rachel blogged this story on Feb. 12 after reading a Mark Batterson reference to “thin places.” She didn’t know about Mary’s thin places until later, when she followed Michelle from Graceful to Mary’s site. **** The last week and I’ve stood in a thin place, and–even as I’ve drawn close to God–I’ve struggled in processing […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | prayer
November 10, 2010
I’d attach a picture of my new Iraqi friend here, but I don’t want to jeopardize his safety. I met him at Cape Town a few weeks ago, and his gentle, sweet spirit changed me. Truly. He is passionate about Jesus. He loves seeing reconciliation in action. When the Messianic Jewish believer stood next to […]
October 28, 2010
Sometimes God meets our ordinary needs with extraordinary provision. Laura and her husband Matt now have three kids and serve in Thailand at Breanna’s House of Joy. You can connect with Laura via her Life Overseas blog or on Twitter @LauraParkersays. (You can encourage others with your Thin Place Story by submitting it here.) **** […]
April 1, 2010
I had the privilege again this year to pray at the Palm Sunday service at Mount Hermon. Not usually prone to write out my prayers for a situation like this, I felt God nudge me to be sure I prayed particular things. So I wrote it down. Here it is. I pray it blesses you. […]
March 4, 2010
Some of you may know that I’ve been discouraged lately about my writing career. Not big stuff, just little things toppled one upon the other. If you’re not careful (particularly in life), you can begin to think those little disappointments suddenly define you. So I prayed. I said, “Lord, please encourage me specifically in my […]
January 29, 2010
This is a guest post by author Anthony DeStefano. This Little Prayer of Mine—my very first children’s book—will be on bookshelves Feb. 16th. My own little prayer right now is that children and their parents will respond to it the same way adult readers did to my first two books, A Travel Guide to Heaven, […]
December 8, 2009
(Here we’re standing on the site where they tried to get water) Here is an article Aidan wrote for a major Christian publication last year. The water for Sankpem has yet to be found, so we continue to raise money for it. You may donate here. On the pull down menu, click “fresh water: Ghana” […]
June 27, 2009
Lord, help me to stay in the moment today, to find a grateful heart, to rejoice in everything. I need Your heart, Your perspective, Your voice every day I walk this earth. Teach me to be compassionate, open, free. Live through me. Love through me. I’m weary, worn out, and needy. But Your word says […]
June 26, 2009
Lord, I did a silly thing biking in the heat, pushing myself, not drinking water, and now my body and brain are rebelling against me. Please help me rest today, to heal, to find comfort in not doing anything. For a doer like me, that’s hard. But I know You are the God of the […]
June 25, 2009
Lord, as I go on my bike ride today, I thank You that I have legs to bike, arms to hold the handlebars, and breath in my lungs. Protect me and my riding companions from crazy drivers. As I see the beauty of Your creation, help me pause in my spirit to praise You. And […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Lori Perry: Thank You for this Podcast. It starts off my day t...
- Mary E. DeMuth: I am so sorry for what you’ve been through. Bein...
- Sharman: Like Lynn who just commented, your message has bee...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your kind response, Ruth!...
- Ruth Uttley: I truly just stumbled across your site as I did a ...