Heal from the Past
Live Courageously Today
June 19, 2010
March 15, 2009
Eternal perspective extends friendships forever
Our friendships today whet our appetites for heaven. Speaking with my friend Sue on the phone is painful—in that I’d rather the conversation not end. Having a Mexican lunch with Renee feels cut short. Receiving a funny card from another Renee resonates laughter right to my toes. Hearing Holly pray for me makes me wish the Amen wouldn’t come. What is beautiful about heaven is that we will be able to connect in the deepest possible way with our existing friends, and friends yet to be made. And, we…
November 2, 2006
Once I knew a woman who was a shell of a person. She’d been utterly drained of her humanity and had no idea who she was. So I made up a story about her, about why she was the way she was. I only started it, didn’t finish. I wonder if I’m the only writer around who starts these crazy stories and leaves her poor characters in suspended animation. Poor Claudia may never find herself!
Here’s my beginning:
The day Claudia lost herself was a Tuesday or Wednesday when she was seven years old. She wasn’t sure…
October 26, 2006
October 16, 2006
A Seahorse on the Thames, by Susan Meissner, is a beautiful story of love, forgiveness, memory, and hope. Meissner’s characters are so real, I can hear their voices as I read. She paints folks as flawed, yet yearning—needy, yet strong. I wanted her protagonist, Alexa Poole, to grow, risk, and untangle the story of her past. Expertly plotted, warmly written, Meissner once again proves she’s one of the best CBA novelists.
October 6, 2006
Clay with our three kids.
Christine and Clay. They visited us in September.
October 4, 2006
My friend Joel has found me. In cyberworld. He sends me all sorts of important pieces of information. Like today he sent me this tidbit:
Joel will be in Tampa for two evenings of worship, bringing a message of inspiration, hope, and encouragement to your city.
We are looking for volunteers to help us make these events a great success! We invite you to be one of 300 volunteers each night for the upcoming An Evening with Joel. As a token of our appreciation, we provide two free tickets and a special gift.
October 1, 2006
I had the privilege to listen to Bret Lott address the Christy Awards in July. I recently found out his speech is on the Christy site. If you are an aspiring novelist, take his words to heart.
Also, look at the post below to win a free book. Only ONE of you has entered the limerick contest so far….C’mon, folks!
September 29, 2006
September 2, 2006
Get a Free eBook
Join the Uncaged!
A Word from Mary
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Crazy Fun Gift Idea: My Words as Art! November 25, 2014
- Move from Brokenhearted to Openhearted – 35 November 24, 2014
- Bless a Trafficking Ministry with Books (free!) November 21, 2014
- 10 Ways to Grow Your Blog Traffic November 20, 2014
- That time, that exact time, Jesus lifted me November 18, 2014
- Barbie: That's awesome!...
- Mary DeMuth: Awesome! I love to bless ministries like this....
- Alena Belleque: Wow, that's very generous! ♥ We're foregoing C...
- Ngina Otiende: aww :) :) thanks Mary !...
- Mary DeMuth: I'm so glad you noticed that! :)...