This review comes from Christina Severinghaus. This is the second book of fiction that I have read written by Mary DeMuth. Just like the first one, Daisy Chain, this one A Slow Burn kept me up all night, I simply could not put it down. Her character development is amazing, the descriptions of Defiance so […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | book review
October 16, 2009
I truly fell in love with the struggling characters in Watch Over Me, a novel about loss, need, soul damage, and relationships that heal. Christa Parrish knows how to draw a reader into a complex, emotional, but not overwrought story. Her subtlety is superb. She entices the reader with just enough to want more, painstakingly […]
October 9, 2009
A Perfect Gift for Those Who Want to Deepen Their Faith, October 9, 2009 Celtic Treasure by Liz Babbs is truly a treasure. Beautiful photos, inspiring poetry, and quotes from Celtic thinkers make this a book I’d love to give to friends who want to deepen their understanding of Celtic Christianity. What made the book […]
December 5, 2006
I can’t tell you how very tired I am of boring Christian books. There exists some sort of “acceptable” content that we write about ad infinitum, but rarely do we hear from writers who dare to go out on limbs–to share what is really, really inside. It takes guts. It’s not easy. I’m not talking […]
November 3, 2006
Shannon over at shenandoahdawn reflects on how a particular passage in Wishing on Dandelions affected her. You can read her words here. Lisa Samson, one of my most favorite people on this planet, is featured on InFuze this week. It’s a convicting, real, raw, surprising interview. Read her words here.
October 24, 2006
I posted over at The Master’s Artist today about the top 50 books that influenced my relationship with Jesus and my relationship with words. Check it out.
October 24, 2006
Camy Tang gives an honest review of Watching the Tree Limbs over at Camy’s Loft today. I really appreciate that she’s willing to say the book is hard to read, but still shows the hope that (hopefully) shines through. You can read her review here.
October 21, 2006
I read a lot of books. A lot. Sometimes I’m dazzled. Sometimes I’m not. I’m reading one of those not-so-dazzling books right now. The cover art is amazing. The endorsements intrigued me. But after about 20 pages in, I realized I was reading the same book I’ve been reading for the past ten years. Same […]
October 19, 2006
Spoiler alert: If you haven’t read Watching the Tree Limbs, don’t go over to Jamie’s blog and read this entry. It’s a review of Wishing on Dandelions that made me smile.
Join the re-storied!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- 3-7 – Jed Ostoich March 27, 2017
- A Huge Difference between Good Advice and the Good News March 22, 2017
- 3-6 – Anna Le Baron March 20, 2017
- Don’t let a trip to the library ruin your book dream March 16, 2017
- 3-5 – Laura McClellan March 13, 2017
- Logitech G602: Logitech G602 [...]Here is an excellent Blog You ...
- Razer Naga Gaming Mouse Randomly Stops Moving: Razer Naga Gaming Mouse Randomly Stops Moving [.....
- gaming laptops: gaming laptops [...]Here are a few of the sites w...
- Best Gaming Keyboards: Best Gaming Keyboards [...]Sites of interest we h...
- Mary DeMuth: This is great! Good thoughts, Dr. Ralph....