Today is the day, folks! The official release of The Wall Around Your Heart, the antidote to a bitter life, the elixir to an openhearted life. I truly, truly pray this book changes your life, your relationships, and the way you pray the Lord’s Prayer.
Mind if I pray for you?
Jesus, I pray for the person reading this post, that You would begin to tear down any walls that prevent community, relationship and a joyful life lived open and free. Please do something brand new. Take the pain that others have caused and create a monument to Your ability to heal it. Refresh. Renew. Revitalize. Resurrect. Help us all forgive those who have wronged us, but also help us give ourselves grace when we fall so short in relationships. Amen.
To celebrate the book’s release, Thomas Nelson is offering a very cool t-shirt if you’re willing to help promote the message of this book. Here’s the shirt:
Participate in the openhearted Revolution!
(Do 5 of these ten tasks and receive an exclusive, awesome, over-the-top cool t-shirt as our thank you. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org when you’ve finished.)
- Tweet about The Wall Around Your Heart with the hashtag #openheart and @MaryDeMuth. You can use this link to buy: http://amzn.to/15Q19xh
- Create a unique banner for your Facebook wall and include a jpg of The Wall Around Your Heart. Keep it up for three awesome days. (See below to capture the jpg)
- Create a pin using one of these quotes: “We find solace and relief and help in the aftermath of painful relationships by following the map of the Lord’s Prayer.” Or “It’s time we let go of people as idols. Not that we live fatalistically about others but that we realistically understand that God designed us to be filled up by Him first.” Or “Jesus loves every single person on this planet, including those who act like enemies in our lives.” Or “When people hurt us, we’re tempted to stop trying, to give up, to lick our wounds and cease forward momentum.” Or “We don’t have to be strong after someone has hurt us. Jesus knows how. He modeled that kind of holy resilience in His life and on the cross.” Use the hashtag #openheart in the pin’s description.
- Send an email to a friend or group of friends about the book.
- Write a blog post about the book, highlighting a story of when God crashed down one of your walls. Link to the book’s webpage: http://www.wallaroundyourheart.com
- Share the book trailer in any way (twitter, facebook, blog, google +, Linkedin, etc.) Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/189Ord1
- Post a review about the book at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book Distributors or GoodReads.
- Ask your local bookstore or library to stock the book.
- Compose a song (yeah, really!) about the walls people put around their hearts. Or write some kickin’ slam poetry & perform it. Upload to Youtube.
- Pass the book to anyone cool. (Note: We’re all cool.)