Ellen’s Thin Place reminds us that God can minister to us in unusual ways. **** Loneliness consumes hope, strips away faith and empties my soul. Loneliness says God is not here or I would feel Him, hear His voice when I cry out. But loneliness lies. For the past 10 months, I have held onto […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Thin Places
June 2, 2011
In her book Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott says, “Here are the two best prayers I know: ‘Help me, help me, help me’ and ‘Thank you, thank you, thank you.’ ” Theresa & her daughter may agree. ***** Is God actively and intimately involved in the lives of humans? I say,” YES!” More importantly The Bible […]
May 12, 2011
Today’s post adds to Janet’s previous Thin Place Story about the death of her father. Visit Janet at JanetMorrisGrimes.com, on her Facebook Fan Page and on Twitter @JanetGrimes. (You can also share how God has met you in a Thin Place here.) **** I often wonder how it went. The accident was on a Tuesday morning, November 14, […]
April 14, 2011
Everyday and special days. Happiness and heartache. Shaunie knows of Thin Places in them all. After reading her story here, drop by her blog or her greeting card store and enjoy some encouragement. (Have a Thin Place story you would like to share? Here’s how you can do that.) **** Most mountaintops are thin places […]
March 17, 2011
Stuck in a moment you can’t get out of? You don’t have to be. Tammy experienced God’s grace as she thought about her childhood. She blogs at If Meadows Speak, sharing stories of reclaiming her family ranch and restoring her life. (Is God restoring something in your life? You can share your story here.) **** […]
January 27, 2011
Jessica’s story illustrates how hard places can become thin places where God meets us. Jessica lives near Washing D.C. with her husband and four children. You can find more of her thoughtful writing and beautiful pictures on her blog, Jezamama. (If you would like to share your Thin Place Story, visit this page for info.) […]
December 16, 2010
Pictures and perceptions are things we carry with us. Amanda shares about both in today’s Thin Place Story. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and three children, sharing her life via her blog. (If you’d like to share your Thin Place Story, send it here.) **** All the way to California; that’s where […]
December 9, 2010
November 11, 2010
“Whisper of Death, My Fight of Faith” is the title of Mary-Anne’s book about her fight with cancer. She also writes novels about her homeland, South Africa. You can find her online at her website, on Twitter (@Mary-AnneCrooks) and on her Facebook Fan Page. (Here’s how you can share your Thin Place story.) **** I […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Lori Perry: Thank You for this Podcast. It starts off my day t...
- Mary E. DeMuth: I am so sorry for what you’ve been through. Bein...
- Sharman: Like Lynn who just commented, your message has bee...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your kind response, Ruth!...
- Ruth Uttley: I truly just stumbled across your site as I did a ...