Would you pray today for safe travel to Mount Hermon and a heart full of insight to give to those I’ll be mentoring the next two days? I would really appreciate it. I’ll be meeting with seven writers over 48 hours to help them hone and refine their nonfiction projects. In that, I’m also praying […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | stress
August 28, 2006
Warning: This post was written when the author had been awake thirty (yes, thirty) hours straight. She cannot be held responsible for anything herein. We are home! Glorious home…where our beds know our form, where our cat greets us with much purring and a little disdainful miffedness, where we can cook fresh veggies and eat […]
May 18, 2006
I’m going through writers’ purgatory right now, banging my brain against plot ideas swirling around my head like an emptying toilet bowl. I’m trying to do the Mary-impossible: plot something before it’s formed in my mind. I’m so dang bad at it, I want to SCREAM! I know, I know. I need to go over […]
May 17, 2006
Ever get in a spiritual funk? I’ve been in one. In the infamous words of Patrick DeMuth, “I need a vacation.” We both feel the weight of working in France . . . working, working, working without a break. I took a little break yesterday. I didn’t go to the beach, visit a friend, sit […]
May 8, 2006
Folks have told me I’m authentic. Today I’m in an “authentic” mood. What’s the deal with cramps? Hmmm? Ouch! Why do I have to still have these things? Oh, how to describe…let’s try this: cramps feel like knives slicing through my innards in a constant, relentless rhythm–like serial killers in my gut. (Don’t mess with […]
May 3, 2006
I’m hopping mad. There are days like this that I want to yell or holler! We have the circus in town again. We used to think it a novelty to have the circus in the parking lot in front of our house. We’ve dealt with spitting llamas, various excrements made by lions, camels, horses. But, […]
April 7, 2006
Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! Our first Crossroads International Christian Church of the Cote d’Azur (say that ten times fast!) has its first official public gathering tomorrow at 3:30. Our team is running around like crazy people. I’m printing off bulletins as I type this. There are all sorts of weird fears running through our […]
February 28, 2006
Okay, so I’m petty. Small. Silly. Five days ago, I got my hair cut and colored (I have that kind of hair that needs to be damaged to have any body…and I won’t go back to the 80’s during my poodlish perm phase). I told dear Gaspar that I wanted a change. (I later regretted […]
February 16, 2006
I had a terrible dream last night. First of all, in the dream I was a man! How strange! And then I dreamed I was taking my temperature (still as a man) and it was one of those old thermometers with mercury inside. It broke in my mouth. I could feel the mercury sliding down […]
February 2, 2006
When I first started shopping at Ed (It’s a grocery store, not a person), I was a panicked mess. You have to bring your own bags–something I didn’t know at the time–and, of course, like any other French grocery store, you had to bag your own groceries. This is fine if you have a helper. […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- An Uncommon Friend July 26, 2020
- Thank God for NOT giving me what I thought I needed July 11, 2020
- I despise neediness in myself June 16, 2020
- Celebrating = healing June 1, 2020
- A Deep, Yet Accessible Bible Study May 22, 2020
- Mary DeMuth, Restory Show podcast host | Q&A - Katherine Scott Jones: […] people to share their stories with liste...
- Let's Go To She Speaks! - April Things to Do - Do A New Thing: […] Mary DeMuth is another best-selling auth...
- No One Elevates Women Like King Jesus - Mary DeMuth (Pod #89) - Jesus Smart: […] BOOKS & ART BY MARY DEMUTH — S...
- Restored & Re-Storied: An Interview with Mary DeMuth – Bible Advocate: […] I discovered a woman named Mary DeMuth....
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...