4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into one inch cubes (I usually just use leftover chicken from a roast if I am not in the mood to make soup.) 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/4 cup chopped almonds 1 apple, chopped into small dices 1/3 cup sour cream 1/3 cup mayonnaise 1 Tbs. mild […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | salad
April 1, 2010
6 large baking potatoes 8 ounces of bacon 1/2 cup red wine vinegar 1/2 cup olive oil 1/2 cup chopped green onions 1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. black pepper 1/4 cup mayonnaise 3 Tbs. Dijon mustard Wash and prick potatoes and bake at 400 degrees for an hour. (Do not peel.) Let cool. Cut into […]
March 13, 2010
1 pound Yaki Soba noodles 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar 2 Tbs. Thai peanut sauce (You can get this in the Asian food section of your local supermarket) 1/2 cup soy sauce 3 Tbs. sugar 1/4 cup water 1 red bell pepper, julienned Combine vinegar, sauces, sugar and water in salad dressing container and shake […]
March 6, 2010
1 bunch of rinsed and torn spinach 1 large apple, cut into 1/2 inch cubes 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Honey mustard dressing ( recipe below) 1/4 cup honey 1/4 cup mustard 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar 4 Tbs. water 4 Tbs salad oil (Shake ingredients together until dressing becomes creamy) Be sure […]
February 13, 2010
2 medium sized cucumbers 1/2 cup light sour cream 1/2 tsp. salt, black pepper freshly ground to taste preference 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar 2 TBS dried parsley 1/2 tsp. dried dill. Peel and slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch half moons. Combine next five ingredients and toss with cucumbers. Serve immediately. Serves four. Conversation starter: […]
February 2, 2010
This is a terrific crowd pleasing salad. It disappears at pot lucks! Broccoli Salad I large head of broccoli, cut up into very small pieces 1/2 cup pine nuts 3/4 cup white raisins (or use 1 cup halved red grapes, or 1/2 cup craisins) 1/3 cup mayonaise 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar 2 Tbs. […]
January 28, 2006
I made an easy and yummy salad today and thought I’d share: I large head of broccoli, cut up into very small pieces 1/2 cup pine nuts 3/4 cup white raisins 1/3 cup mayo 5 Tbs. red wine vinegar 2 Tbs. sugar Toast the pine nuts by putting them in a nonstick pan and heating […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Lori Perry: Thank You for this Podcast. It starts off my day t...
- Mary E. DeMuth: I am so sorry for what you’ve been through. Bein...
- Sharman: Like Lynn who just commented, your message has bee...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your kind response, Ruth!...
- Ruth Uttley: I truly just stumbled across your site as I did a ...