It runs April 3-7, 2009 and is near San Jose, California. You can find out more here. I’ll be doing a nonfiction mentoring track prior to the conference April 1-3, as will many other mentors. Then I’ll be teaching Writing Boot Camp for the duration of the conference.
video goes here
Tag Archives | publishing
January 22, 2009
April 10, 2006
I so enjoyed reading Brandilyn Collin’s very long saga about how she got published. If you are looking for something funny, suspenseful, helpful and hopeful, hop on over to her blog. Scroll down to Stories, then How I Got Here. Read from that February 2005 post onward. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. So, yeah, […]
October 29, 2005
Author Terry Whalin has written an amazingly helpful book for those wanting to publish a non-fiction manuscript. Book Proposals that Sell: 21 Secrets to Speed Your Success offers practical, succinct advice to help authors create attention-grabbing proposals. He gives authors a much-appreciated insider view of why editors and agents reject the many projects coming across […]
October 27, 2005
As you can see by the post below, I finished writing a book today. That’s a lot of words. A lot of time. It’s been an interesting day of words for me. My publisher sent a letter (in typed words) that said, basically, HOORAY your fiction manuscript is acceptable so we’re paying you your advance. […]
October 21, 2005
I watched authors attending the Maui Writer’s Conference pitch their books. For those of you who languish and wonder if you’re ever going to get published, perhaps this will lighten your day. Go here. Click on the link that reads: Pitch To America. Would-be auteurs pitch publishers and editors on their books at the Maui […]
October 22, 2004
Today, while Aidan and Julia were home with me for lunch, Aidan exclaimed, “There’s a delivery man at our door.” I ran the three flights of tiled stairs (hoping not to trip like last time) and greeted the French man with an American bonjour and signed his dossier. In my hand were the galleys from […]
October 10, 2004
I thought I had located all those writing verses in the Bible-like the pen being some sort of weapon, how keeping words shut up inside would burn my chest, how the reading of many novels was all tediousness. Today I found another verse-one that highlights my deepest hopes in writing. Paul told the Corinthian believers, […]
October 10, 2004
June 6, 2004 Why do I write? I am faced with that question today. I pondered it when I sang, “I’m willing to walk with You Jesus. I’ll follow You down any road. I’m willing to walk with you Jesus. Wherever You go, I will go.” I’ve been miring through moving overseas lately, considering the […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Mary: I do have a Bible study that helps you as someone ...
- Ann: Do you have prayer recommendations for families or...
- Mary: I'm so sorry. It may be helpful to read We Too, o...
- Joemal Bonneau: Joemal is my name. My cousin sexually assaulted me...
- Mary DeMuth: He is certainly not finished with you, Gina. So so...