Chewing on granola, magazine by my side, I glanced up–through the windowed doors, beyond my small garden and above my helplessly leaning bamboo fence–and saw it. The lamp post. I hadn’t noticed it before. Tall, dark, stately. In the morning light, it seemed to smile back at me, beckoning. I’ve lived in France eight months […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Jesus
May 4, 2005
I planted flowers today. For therapy purposes. I needed to see the potential there, to see the bud nearly blooming, to sense the seed’s surrendering to death and then glorious life. I needed to get my hands dirty, my knees wet. Life springs from little deaths, doesn’t it? Jesus said “”Truly, truly, I say to […]
April 8, 2005
I’ve been meditating on something these days. About Jesus and His amazing walk on earth. How He touched the untouched and empathized with the neglected. How He experienced frailty and anguish and the ache of being hurt by those He created. How He was often misunderstood and maligned. How He exercised utter humility, being God […]
March 30, 2005
It’s always hard leaving a place of abundance. When I landed in Dallas, I could feel the spirit of heaviness lift like a dissipating cloud under the gaze of the happy sunshine. When I landed in France, the drippy rain settled into my spirit, pelting my joy. It’s a difficult place to minister. Tonight, though, […]
March 29, 2005
Jesus said, “I tell you the truth,” 78 times in Scripture, but we are desperately afraid to utter the same words. Gordon Lish said, “The secret of good writing is telling the truth.” Anne Lamott agrees. “Risk being unliked,” she said. “Tell the truth as you understand it. If you’re a writer, you have a […]
March 25, 2005
Today a dear friend wrote these words in a cyberprayer: “We love you imperfectly, Lord, but we do long to be approved by You. Thank You for this Good Friday, a day during which we remember that You came to earth and were spit on, but You loved us still. Help us never to get […]
January 28, 2005
I wonder if I share too much. I believe God has gifted me to be a communicator, to share what He has taught me to others interested in hearing. But, I’ve had circumstances mount in my life that have made me reconsider. Maybe I should hold back. Maybe I should keep everything private. I shared […]
October 10, 2004
June 6, 2004 Why do I write? I am faced with that question today. I pondered it when I sang, “I’m willing to walk with You Jesus. I’ll follow You down any road. I’m willing to walk with you Jesus. Wherever You go, I will go.” I’ve been miring through moving overseas lately, considering the […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Mary: I do have a Bible study that helps you as someone ...
- Ann: Do you have prayer recommendations for families or...
- Mary: I'm so sorry. It may be helpful to read We Too, o...
- Joemal Bonneau: Joemal is my name. My cousin sexually assaulted me...
- Mary DeMuth: He is certainly not finished with you, Gina. So so...