Dear Jesus, I need You today. I need Your voice, Your touch, Your direction, Your inspiration. I lift up my writing life to You, letting You hold my words in the palm of Your hand. There are days when I feel small and incapable, when the worries stiffen my neck. Today is one of those […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Heal from the past
January 21, 2009
I’m over at the Hearts at Home blog today with a post entitled Struggling with Materialism. Drop on by and leave a comment or two. There’s great stuff there!
January 19, 2009
Yep, I had another weird dream. In it, I traveled back in time to visit people who I’d met later in life who had really messed up their lives. I visited them at their initial point of decision. (You know how each addiction, bad life choice, etc. usually starts with one little decision?) I warned […]
January 13, 2009
Beautiful words. True words. Are you broken today? Jesus knows.
November 27, 2006
I met Dianne over two years ago. She lived three doors down from me. One day she brought me a flat of flowers–a gift from Jesus on a difficult day in France. She moved away over a year ago to another part of France, so I hadn’t heard from her in a long time. A […]
September 11, 2006
I wrote this five years ago, in shock, in remembrance: Freedom When dust settles After the fury of ravaged steel Lies rumpled in unconscious heaps It stands Hesitating Interrupted only by quiet tears And muffled sorrows When lives resume After the coffins drop one by one Into the unforgiving earth It stands Tentatively Shoulders above […]
April 12, 2006
In college, I was pretty messed up emotionally. Still scarred from things in my childhood, I was a walking trainwreck. I’d cry often–full force. Sobs defined me. I had friends who told me that 2 Corinthians 5:17 about everything being new in Christ was mine to claim, that grieving the past was unnecessary. After all, […]
May 12, 2005
I wasn’t crying before Johnnie handed me the gift. I was afterwards. Johnnie and Nelson sat behind us at church in Texas. It was one of our last services there before embarking to France. We turned to hug them, to say goodbye, and Johnnie said, “Hold out your hand.” She twisted something off her finger. […]
May 4, 2005
I planted flowers today. For therapy purposes. I needed to see the potential there, to see the bud nearly blooming, to sense the seed’s surrendering to death and then glorious life. I needed to get my hands dirty, my knees wet. Life springs from little deaths, doesn’t it? Jesus said “”Truly, truly, I say to […]
March 29, 2005
Jesus said, “I tell you the truth,” 78 times in Scripture, but we are desperately afraid to utter the same words. Gordon Lish said, “The secret of good writing is telling the truth.” Anne Lamott agrees. “Risk being unliked,” she said. “Tell the truth as you understand it. If you’re a writer, you have a […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? September 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Mary: I do have a Bible study that helps you as someone ...
- Ann: Do you have prayer recommendations for families or...
- Mary: I'm so sorry. It may be helpful to read We Too, o...
- Joemal Bonneau: Joemal is my name. My cousin sexually assaulted me...
- Mary DeMuth: He is certainly not finished with you, Gina. So so...