Two years before I penned my first novel, a Breakpoint transcript dated May 23, 2000 transformed my life. In it, Chuck Colson discussed the power of fiction to change culture. He chronicled the success of Uncle Tom’s Cabin, how a simple story did more to abolish slavery than any didactic treatise. He writes, “Uncle Tom’s […]
video goes here
October 15, 2004
The neighbors behind us shared their disheartening news. “Our home is going into foreclosure,” they told my husband Patrick and me. All I could think of was this: I don’t know how they will survive this. A year later, my husband and I looked foreclosure in the eye and wondered the same thing—only we were […]
October 14, 2004
Sorry I missed the blog yesterday. My family and I were captivated by the spirit of materialism, trekking many kilometers to Toulon–not to see the cool sites, mind you, but to shop. And shop we did. God forbid we have sore derrieres; why yes, we MUST buy those dining chair cushions. And the whiff of […]
October 14, 2004
We met in another city over lunch to talk about social media. He spoke of his wife; I talked about my husband and family. Our conversation began a good professional relationship that continues. Another business acquaintance shared dinner around a table with other professionals. He commented on how I looked, letting his eyes linger. I […]
October 12, 2004
We were singing “Did you feel the mountains tremble” the other night. The whole family was worshipping around the television–something weird and new for us in France. Our church back in Dallas sent us DVDs of services we’ve missed, so we were worshipping along with our friends, months and miles apart. Until we plant a […]
October 10, 2004
I thought I had located all those writing verses in the Bible-like the pen being some sort of weapon, how keeping words shut up inside would burn my chest, how the reading of many novels was all tediousness. Today I found another verse-one that highlights my deepest hopes in writing. Paul told the Corinthian believers, […]
October 10, 2004
June 6, 2004 Why do I write? I am faced with that question today. I pondered it when I sang, “I’m willing to walk with You Jesus. I’ll follow You down any road. I’m willing to walk with you Jesus. Wherever You go, I will go.” I’ve been miring through moving overseas lately, considering the […]
October 5, 2004
Now that I’m in France and I no longer have a weekly newspaper column, I wanted to create an avenue where I am writing on a deadline. Since my friend Jeanne has a great blog, I knew that to be part of the way-cool gang, I’d have to set up a blog. So, now I’m […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Subscribe to Pray Every Day
Join the restoried!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- Pray Every Day is TWO! February 1, 2020
- I’m taking a Sabbatical December 19, 2019
- The Most Beautiful Letter August 21, 2019
- Why I Wrote We Too August 13, 2019
- Prayer Requests May 24, 2019
- Let's Go To She Speaks! - April Things to Do - Do A New Thing: […] Mary DeMuth is another best-selling auth...
- No One Elevates Women Like King Jesus - Mary DeMuth (Pod #89) - Jesus Smart: […] BOOKS & ART BY MARY DEMUTH — S...
- Restored & Re-Storied: An Interview with Mary DeMuth – Bible Advocate: […] I discovered a woman named Mary DeMuth....
- Called to Write or Be a Writer | T. Murphy Writes: […] read this article by Mary DeMuth […...
- Mary DeMuth: Oh you are sweet. Thank you so much, Myriam. I nee...