Like cute Lisa Samson, I’m off to read truly great works of fiction, but I’d like to read modern stuff. Would you be so kind as to name the most amazing novels you’ve read (ever!)? Here is my list.
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
- Peace Like a River, by Leif Enger
- The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Kite Runner, by Kholed Hosseini
- Life of Pi, by Yann Martel
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night, by Mark Haddon
- Til We Have Faces, by C.S. Lewis
- The Book of the Dun Cow, by Walter Wangerin Jr.
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak (I’m 1/4 of the way through and can already tell. Wow. What cool prose.)
What say you?