Not to say we are awesome, but my dear friend Tina Miller Howard of Fall Meadow Photography did an amazing job on our family pictures. In fact, they’re the best photos we’ve ever had taken of our family. Thank you, Tina! This is my favorite. We look like we’re posing for a TV show. “The […]
video goes here
Search results for "celebrity"
November 3, 2010
In my spare time I read Publisher’s Weekly. I ran across a blurb for Debbie Macomber’s latest title, a nonfiction book: God’s Guest List. Debbie, at first, made a list of 30 people she’d like to meet, yet when she met them, she’d often be disappointed. “I had misplaced my admiration,” she said. God asked […]
June 21, 2010
I want you to know this about me: I love Jesus. And really that’s the most important thing about me. It’s not writing or speaking or praying or mommying or any other -ing you can find. I flat out love Him. Why? Because He’s amazing. And He has utterly, truly, completely re-storied me. You can […]
January 3, 2010
(Picture credit: me, at Chihuly museum in Tacoma, WA). I’m posting this picture for a reason, to show the beauty of art that took invention, labor, and creativity to make.) Today over at Facebook I asked the question, “Why do poorly written books sell well?” Some spoke of the importance of story (and I agree.) […]
June 22, 2007
OK, so my books sent to celebrities are coming back. (Well, only two). Here’s the problem. I signed Watching the Tree Limbs and Wishing on Dandelions to those famous folk. To them, mind you. Would you like both books FREE? Sent right to your very own door? Here’s the catch, then. Give me five reasons […]
August 22, 2006
Watch out folks, I feel a rant coming on. We turned on the TV last night and saw our friend Joel’s face all smiley and southerny. The audience crowd looked to be as large as a superbowl crowd. I hadn’t really heard him preach before, so we decided to listen a bit and see what […]
May 12, 2006
Though the story never really ends, I want to end this series because I think it would be boring for me to write about, “well, then I got this contract, and this editing experience was hard, and blah, blah, blah.” So, suffice to say, the first book I sold was Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God to […]
Help Pray Every Day Reach the World
Join the restoried!
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- Eat with Freedom July 3, 2013
- Why Do Christian Movies Tend to be Cheesy? September 1, 2010
- Pin it & Win it! October 24, 2012
- Everything You Need to Know about Literary Agents (and what I’m looking for) June 24, 2021
- I’m a Literary Agent Now January 4, 2021
- Finding Hope in Crisis: A Review December 21, 2020
- Confession: I suffer from empathy fatigue December 7, 2020
- Confession: I have writing regrets November 30, 2020
- Vivi Soesanty: Psalm 42 Hi Mary, I’m listening to your Psalms ...
- Mary DeMuth: Sounds terrific, Marsha....
- Charlotte Guest: Thank you for your wise words, advice and guidance...
- Mary DeMuth: That's a fair and real topic, to be sure....
- Trish Jenkins: Mary, thank you for that last statement, “Those ...