So today, twenty-three years ago, I was in labor. Yep, Mary in labor on Christmas Eve. And, no, we didn’t call Sophie Noel or Jesus.
Sophia Michelle DeMuth is now 23 years old, and a gem of a girl who audaciously loves Jesus and deeply cares for people. That’s what Jesus said to us, to major on two things: Love God, Love others. What an example Sophie is to me on both fronts.
To celebrate her special day, here are 23 things I love about Sophie:
- She adores her brother and sister. She takes time for them, listens to them, and hangs out with them. She embodies friendship with her siblings–so refreshing.
- She is a great hostess. Not only does she cook well, but she has a heart for hospitality.
- She is smart. So very smart.
- She loves to pray. She writes out her prayers, and when she says she’ll pray for you, she does.
- She has her own unique sense of style. She’s so very Sophie.
- She can speak French beautifully.
- She’s got a great eye for aesthetics and design.
- She perseveres when things are hard. She’s tenacious that way.
- She loves to lead small groups of people in discipleship. Currently, she’s discipling high school sophomores.
- She has 10,000 faces. I’m not kidding. Ask her to create one for you.
- She sacrificially gives to those in need.
- She can write and edit like the wind.
- She means what she says, and says what she means.
- She is artistic.
- She is an incredibly dedicated friend.
- She can sense when things are awry, and she asks great questions.
- She can exegete Scripture beautifully.
- She is content with what she has.
- She has a heart to not only travel the world, but to share Jesus with those who don’t yet know Him.
- She is an excellent communicator, particularly on stage. But she doesn’t have a big head about it.
- She has endured trauma (France) and come through on the other side, yet not bitterly.
- She’s beautiful.
- She is happy to serve.
Happy Birthday, dear, dear Sophie. You are a treasure!