Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
I had a product on this site where I shared the healing journey, how God heals your broken heart. Instead of selling it, I am going to give it to you for free in six installments. This is installment number five. Hooray!
Today we’re going to talk about the vows we quietly make to ourselves that shortchange our healing journey.
A hidden vow is statement of our determination to control an area of our life. Usually construction, “I will never,” or “I will always.”
- Morally neutral: I will take out the garbage
- Holy: I take you Patrick to be my lawfully wedded husband
- Destructive: I will get even with him
- Hidden: What we will talk about today on the podcast.
- For the Lord will ransom Jacob and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they.” Jeremiah 31:11
- “The Lord says, ‘The people of Israel who survived death at the hands of the enemy will find favor in the wilderness as they journey to find rest themselves.” Jeremiah 31:2 NET
- H“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” Proverbs 18:10
- John 2:24-25: “But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man.”
“In my commitment never to hurt again, I basically choose to worship an idol—self protection.” Stephen Curtis Chapman and Scotty Smith
If you’d like, you can subscribe to the Uncaged Podcast on itunes here. And, hey, while you’re there being all awesome, would you kindly rate the podcast by giving it some stars. (Oh how I love stars!). And if you’re feeling super magnanimous, a 2-3 sentence review will really help others discover the podcast too. Thank you!
If this podcast blessed your socks off, would you mind tweeting? I’ve made it convenient for you. Just click the “click to tweet” text. Woot!
Discover the hidden vows that shortchange your freedom on the Uncaged Podcast. (Click to tweet.)
This podcast brought to you by: (See chapter FOUR).
As you may or may not know, I’m taking a much-needed sabbatical this summer. Read about that here. So I’ll be sharing some of my talks, interviews and teachings that have been a benefit to others from years past. I pray that these messages deeply, profoundly bless you.