Today is my daughter Julia’s birthday. She’s 18 years old. She’s a graduate, a friend, a daughter, a chef, a beautiful human being.
Happy birthday, Julia! Here are 18 reasons why you rock!
- She is probably one of the most empathetic people I know.
- Similarly, she is keenly aware of people’s moods. She can read others so well. And not only that, but she meets the needs she sees.
- She is an amazing friend, very loyal, extremely giving.
- She has overcome a difficult start to high school. She did so with tenacity, truth, and grace.
- She is a terrific cat owner. Her cat Scout follows her around like a dog.
- She is smart, so so smart. Her intelligence is the important kind–emotional intelligence, the kind of smarts that help you go places and achieve goals.
- She is a hard worker.
- She saves her money and is careful in her purchases, but she flat out spends lavishly for others.
- She is tenacious.
- She can cook! So well! She’ll be a better cook than me.
- When she competed in the culinary competition last year, she worked over 800 hours toward that goal. They got first in region and third in Texas.
- She is a dedicated sister.
- She loves beauty–in the world, in people, in her surroundings.
- She is amazing with makeup. I go to her with advice.
- She has a pretty voice.
- She takes initiative.
- She has her own sense of style–very unique and artsy.
- She’s got a good artistic eye–seen through her photography and paintings.
Happy Birthday, Julia. You are an asset to the world. And oh how I love you.