Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
If you’d like to subscribe to this podcast on itunes, click here.
When I stumbled across this verse, it surprised me. I hadn’t remembered reading about the elders of Israel dining with God. Wow. And cool thing: they didn’t DIE!
Then Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel climbed up the mountain.There they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there seemed to be a surface of brilliant blue lapis lazuli, as clear as the sky itself. And though these nobles of Israel gazed upon God, he did not destroy them. In fact, they ate a covenant meal, eating and drinking in his presence! Exodus 24:9-11
It’s a reminder of what a high priority feasting is to the Almighty, and we are blessed and changed if we learn the art and beauty of feasting with others. In this podcast, I talk about the life changing ways eating meals together can change your life in amazing ways.
We have lived this, folks. And I can attest that my family is forever altered and different because we’ve chosen to eat together.
- Matthew 11:19 The Son of Man, on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, ‘He’s a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’ But wisdom is shown to be right by its results.”
- Deuteronomy 27:6-7Build the altar of uncut stones, and use it to offer burnt offerings to the Lord your God. Also sacrifice peace offerings on it, and celebrate by feasting there before the Lord your God.
- Proverbs 15:15 For the despondent, every day brings trouble; for the happy heart, life is a continual feast.
- 2 Samuel 9:13 And Mephibosheth, who was crippled in both feet, lived in Jerusalem and ate regularly at the king’s table.
- Luke 22:21 “But here at this table, sitting among us as a friend, is the man who will betray me.
- Psalm 23:5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil.My cup overflows with blessings.
- Luke 22:29-30 And just as my Father has granted me a Kingdom, I now grant you the right to eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom. And you will sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.