I’m really excited about this week’s podcast because it’s about how to become free, something I have struggled against, hoped for, and am now tasting and experiencing. That is my prayer for you!
Here are three steps to freedom, along with the Scriptures I discussed in the podcast:
- 1 John 3:19-23 (NLT) Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God. Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if we don’t feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us.
- 1 Corinthians 4:3-4, As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point. My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide.
- Romans 14:22 You may believe there’s nothing wrong with what you are doing, but keep it between yourself and God. Blessed are those who don’t feel guilty for doing something they have decided is right.
- Psalm 51:16-17 MESSAGE Going through the motions doesn’t please you, a flawless performance is nothing to you. I learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered lives ready for love don’t for a moment escape God’s notice.
- Matt 6:31-33 31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
- Job 3:25, What I always feared has happened to me. What I dreaded has come true.
- Isaiah 43:16-21, I am the LORD, who opened a way through the waters,making a dry path through the sea. I called forth the mighty army of Egypt with all its chariots and horses. I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned, their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick. “But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. The wild animals in the fields will thank me, the jackals and owls, too, for giving them water in the desert. Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland so my chosen people can be refreshed. I have made Israel for myself, and they will someday honor me before the whole world.
- Psalm 124:7-8 We escaped like a bird from a hunter’s trap. The trap is broken, and we are free! Our help is from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
You can listen to the podcast on itunes here. I’d be ever so grateful if you’d rate the podcast there. Simply choose 1-5 stars. If the episode really blesses you, please write a 2-3 sentence review. It helps others notice the podcast and discover it. Thank you.
And in the meantime, would you tweet a quick shoutout if this episode touched you? Click to tweet here.