This is an unusual podcast, one tinged in pain, but punctuated with hope. It’s about a woman who left this world beautifully. I’ve written about it here if you’d like to see pictures.
13 takeaway nuggets:
- The way home is really love.
- Persevere with people. Help them see beyond the struggle in the moment.
- The simplicity of the gospel is to love others passionately and love God beautifully.
- Begin with the end in mind. Leave behind an amazing legacy by thinking about life in eternal ways.
- Live life less cautiously.
- Dare to be a cheerleader
- Don’t hold your fist tightly; be audaciously generous.
- Open your hand, give whatever is in it.
- Rejoice with others!!!
- Be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ on this earth (love the poor; listen to the lonely; share His wild redemption).
- Tangibly honor others.
- Joy can be found in the darkest of moments.
- Live a life that would leave a hole.
“It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart.” Ecclesiastes 7:2
“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!'” Isaiah 52:7
Here’s the dedication I wrote to honor my friend in my recent book, The Wall Around My Heart, a book about living openhearted, so much like Twilla.