In this podcast, I’ll be sharing my own journey to desperately prove my worth on this earth (hey that rhymes). I share the 10 unsatisfying ways I’ve tried to make ME matter.
- Perfection (If we do things perfectly, then we’ll have worth).
- Rebellion (Attention-grabbing…Will you love me even when I disobey?)
- Bullying (Demeaning others so you feel okay about yourself)
- Body image (Or how the other sex sees you)
- Food (Food fills the holes in our lives)
- Friendships (Making them become EVERYTHING)
- Performance (Either onstage or creating a facade and playing a role)
- Achievement (It never ends; we can’t be satisfied; there’s always another mountain.)
- Control (This spreads into every area of life).
- Money (It represents security.)
Scriptures that help us settle our worth:
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born, I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:29-31
“Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.” Isaiah 49:15-16
“I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:16-21
Would you be willing to help spread the word about this week’s podcast? Just click the red link below.
I listened to The 10 Unsatisfying Ways we try to prove our worth. Click to tweet.