There’s something mystical and enormous about a large, open sky. Growing up around mountains, I’ve come to appreciate open skies, the way they speak of God, his vastness, his otherness. That’s probably why I love David Crowder’s song of the same. I used to crank “Praise Him Under Open Skies” when I went running in […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | worship
June 8, 2010
When my son Aidan was twelve years old, he had a dream. He wanted to help provide water for a village on the other side of the world. Through a series of amazing events, he helped raise money for a well project in Northern Ghana. A few months after he told me about his dream, […]
May 3, 2009
I’m the weirdo in my little family. I’m the one who insists we venture to the very front of our large suburban church so I can feel more a part of the worship. I’m the one who juts hands into the air, who will stand up when no one stands (in the entire church) because […]
April 5, 2009
Please pray for all of us celebrating Palm Sunday, that the Lord would be triumphant in our midst, that we would worship Him deeply and herald Him as king. Pray He would teach through me and give me strength.
November 21, 2006
There’s a song I sing when the day is still and I want to sing a prayer. I learned it over 22 years ago. In high school I was a member of a small singing group called the Hi-Tones. We sang in malls over Christmas, performed at schools, and enjoyed each other’s company. We were […]
January 13, 2006
“Mommy, what are we going to do tomorrow?” “Well,” I began. “I know,” Julia said. “We’re going shopping, but you’re going to Tokyo.” I laughed. “I think you mean Opio.” “Oh yeah, Opio.” So, yes, I’ll be in Opio doing worship practice at Barnaby and Tiphanie’s home. We’ll have some lunch, set up chairs, and […]
January 5, 2006
Those of you who know me know that I’ve struggled as the New Year dawned with too many hats. Far too many for one girl. So I’ve worried and prayed and pled. Today, Jesus brilliantly answered my heart cries for rest. Worship: I wear the worship leading hat on our church planting team. I love […]
October 24, 2005
I’ve sung forever and a year (to exhaust a cliche). Not that I’m some recording artist or anything, I’ve just loved to sing. I dropped my friend Valerie at the airport tonight and sung at the top of my lungs with my friend David Crowder (on a CD. Thanks, Don Pape!). I raised one hand […]
August 27, 2005
This quote stunned me . . . as it reflected my recent pilgrimage toward grace and freedom in Jesus Christ. It’s not about working hard, folks. It’s about His grace. O my Divine Love, the desire I had to please You, the tears I shed, my great labours and the little fruit I reaped […]
June 2, 2005
Julia and I were holding hands when she said it. “Mommy, my teacher makes us keep our tongues still when we are singing.” “What do you mean?” She broke free and ran ahead up our stairs and stood there, singing a sweet French song, but not moving her tongue. It remained pinned to the bottom […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- 002–David Pothier February 8, 2016
- Confession of a Frazzled One–Do you relate? February 4, 2016
- 001 – The First Ever Restory Show with Bethany Kaczmarek January 28, 2016
- 10 Traits of a grace-based friend January 26, 2016
- Fun Announcement for Live Uncaged Listeners (and anyone else) January 25, 2016
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your prayers, they are much apprecia...
- Mary DeMuth: I'm glad David's words encouraged you, Kathy!...
- Conanjay Wallace: Mary, your books are awesome and you are a much ne...
- Kathy: When I heard the word "depression" I knew God ha...
- Doris Swift: Thanks! Me too! I work in the office and in minist...