There’s something mystical and enormous about a large, open sky. Growing up around mountains, I’ve come to appreciate open skies, the way they speak of God, his vastness, his otherness. That’s probably why I love David Crowder’s song of the same. I used to crank “Praise Him Under Open Skies” when I went running in […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | worship
June 8, 2010
When my son Aidan was twelve years old, he had a dream. He wanted to help provide water for a village on the other side of the world. Through a series of amazing events, he helped raise money for a well project in Northern Ghana. A few months after he told me about his dream, […]
May 3, 2009
I’m the weirdo in my little family. I’m the one who insists we venture to the very front of our large suburban church so I can feel more a part of the worship. I’m the one who juts hands into the air, who will stand up when no one stands (in the entire church) because […]
April 5, 2009
Please pray for all of us celebrating Palm Sunday, that the Lord would be triumphant in our midst, that we would worship Him deeply and herald Him as king. Pray He would teach through me and give me strength.
November 21, 2006
There’s a song I sing when the day is still and I want to sing a prayer. I learned it over 22 years ago. In high school I was a member of a small singing group called the Hi-Tones. We sang in malls over Christmas, performed at schools, and enjoyed each other’s company. We were […]
January 13, 2006
“Mommy, what are we going to do tomorrow?” “Well,” I began. “I know,” Julia said. “We’re going shopping, but you’re going to Tokyo.” I laughed. “I think you mean Opio.” “Oh yeah, Opio.” So, yes, I’ll be in Opio doing worship practice at Barnaby and Tiphanie’s home. We’ll have some lunch, set up chairs, and […]
January 5, 2006
Those of you who know me know that I’ve struggled as the New Year dawned with too many hats. Far too many for one girl. So I’ve worried and prayed and pled. Today, Jesus brilliantly answered my heart cries for rest. Worship: I wear the worship leading hat on our church planting team. I love […]
October 24, 2005
I’ve sung forever and a year (to exhaust a cliche). Not that I’m some recording artist or anything, I’ve just loved to sing. I dropped my friend Valerie at the airport tonight and sung at the top of my lungs with my friend David Crowder (on a CD. Thanks, Don Pape!). I raised one hand […]
August 27, 2005
This quote stunned me . . . as it reflected my recent pilgrimage toward grace and freedom in Jesus Christ. It’s not about working hard, folks. It’s about His grace. O my Divine Love, the desire I had to please You, the tears I shed, my great labours and the little fruit I reaped […]
June 2, 2005
Julia and I were holding hands when she said it. “Mommy, my teacher makes us keep our tongues still when we are singing.” “What do you mean?” She broke free and ran ahead up our stairs and stood there, singing a sweet French song, but not moving her tongue. It remained pinned to the bottom […]
Join the re-storied!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- 10 Ways to Spot Spiritual Abuse September 6, 2016
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- May 21, 2005
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? January 19, 2017
- Season 2 Episode 17 Chris McGregor January 16, 2017
- The Joy of Completed Work January 12, 2017
- Season 2 Episode 16 – Kathi Lipp January 9, 2017
- Quit Trying So Hard to Become Someone You’re Not (Guest Post) January 6, 2017
- best 100% kona: best 100% kona [...]that may be the end of this w...
- Cash For Trucks Melbourne: Cash For Trucks Melbourne [...]The details mentio...
- Cash For Trucks: Cash For Trucks [...]Here is a good Blog You migh...
- grinding wheels: grinding wheels [...]here are some hyperlinks to ...
- Cash For Trucks Melbourne: Cash For Trucks Melbourne [...]The facts talked a...