I had the privilege of meeting Andi Ashworth at Mount Hermon a year ago when her husband, recording artist Charlie Peacock, spoke to writers. They’ve helped pioneer Art House America, and now have a branch near me in Dallas! Lots of discussions and artsy interaction happens there, all in a Jesusy context. Recently I picked […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | work
March 2, 2010
I wrote about this today over at The Master’s Artist. Catch it here.
February 16, 2009
Hop on over to The Master’s Artist for a lengthy (but readable) list on ways to keep up your resolutions for 2009. You can read it here.
May 17, 2006
Ever get in a spiritual funk? I’ve been in one. In the infamous words of Patrick DeMuth, “I need a vacation.” We both feel the weight of working in France . . . working, working, working without a break. I took a little break yesterday. I didn’t go to the beach, visit a friend, sit […]
April 13, 2006
Mind if I share a few praises? Julia got the BEST grades in her class in Math. She came home SO proud of her report card. Her teacher wrote glowing things about her. Yesterday, I found this piece of paper: It seems Julia figured out the futur tense on her own and has started conjugating […]
March 26, 2006
I thought I’d revisit some past posts about writing here. These small vignettes were taken from my RelevantProse newsletter. If you are a writer who is interested in receiving a monthly writing newsletter filled with tips like these, feel free to hop on over to my website here. So, here we go. Ready? 4 WAYS […]
March 15, 2006
I had a fun interview today with two ladies in Nacogdoches, Texas today. Also, I was blog-interviewed over at Michelle Therese Writes. You can read it here and read her review of Building the Christian Family You Never had here.
March 13, 2006
Tuesday I’ll be interviewed over at Novel Journey about Watching the Tree Limbs. It releases this week…Wednesday, March 15th. Gina does a great interview, so stop on by and enjoy. This week I share the interview space with Walter Wangerin. Wow! Everyone needs to read The Book of the Dun Cow. Truly!
October 14, 2004
We met in another city over lunch to talk about social media. He spoke of his wife; I talked about my husband and family. Our conversation began a good professional relationship that continues. Another business acquaintance shared dinner around a table with other professionals. He commented on how I looked, letting his eyes linger. I […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- 002–David Pothier February 8, 2016
- Confession of a Frazzled One–Do you relate? February 4, 2016
- 001 – The First Ever Restory Show with Bethany Kaczmarek January 28, 2016
- 10 Traits of a grace-based friend January 26, 2016
- Fun Announcement for Live Uncaged Listeners (and anyone else) January 25, 2016
- Doris Swift: Thanks! Me too! I work in the office and in minist...
- Mary DeMuth: Kathy, I hear you. I'm there with you too. Job si...
- Mary DeMuth: Thanks, good words, Doris. I fight to stay in that...
- Doris Swift: Yes, it's been quite a season of stretch and grow...
- Kathy Sturgis: Yes, everything seems confused and out of control....