Experiencing the purpose of the church is a key part of a Christian’s life, as Lisa found out. This is the last for this series of Thin Place posts. Thanks to all who have contributed, read and responded. **** Walking into my office, in my seventh year with my employer, and though heavily stressed, I […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Thin Places
July 14, 2011
Erin’s story shows us how sometimes our earthly relationships give us a glimpse of our relationship with God. **** My thin place is a lady named Jeanette. She carried me for 9 months, but never held me. I never laid eyes on her, but always knew about her. For 36 years we, separately, thought about […]
July 7, 2011
Shawn succinctly shares her thin place in a powerful way. How amazing to serve the God who is near. ***** In 1997 my mom underwent colon cancer surgery. Due to having advanced lung disease the doctors were concerned about her going under anesthesia. Their concerns were valid. She came out of the surgery, remained on […]
June 30, 2011
Ellen’s Thin Place reminds us that God can minister to us in unusual ways. **** Loneliness consumes hope, strips away faith and empties my soul. Loneliness says God is not here or I would feel Him, hear His voice when I cry out. But loneliness lies. For the past 10 months, I have held onto […]
June 23, 2011
How many times has God used your children to illuminate truth for you? It’s often surprising and comes when we need it most, as in Melody’s story. **** “God! I really need a word from you!” The wrenching groan from my spirit surprised even me. Just four months earlier, we’d returned overseas after a year’s […]
June 16, 2011
An artist’s trash becomes grandchildren’s treasure in Michelle’s story. She blogs at Graceful – Faith in the Everyday and is on Twitter, @MichelleDeRusha. **** I find them in an upstairs closet in her studio – a pile of paintings, watercolors splashed onto thick slabs, paper curling at the edge. There must be thirty or more, all “rejects” […]
June 9, 2011
Preslaysa’s story reminds us that God can minister to us through others who listen to Him. **** I held the sharp blade, shaking. All my doubts and all my fears erupted as I carved a blood thin line on the inside of my wrist. “Help me Lord,” I whispered. “Why can’t I stop cutting?” I struggled […]
May 26, 2011
For better or worse. In sickness and health. Marriage vows are easy to say and hard to live, as Kimberly shares in today’s Thin Place story. You can read more from Kimberly as she continues mining in marriage, motherhood and music on her blog, Mining For Diamonds. (Remember you can share your Thin Place story […]
May 19, 2011
Colleen cried out to God and He answered. You’ll be encouraged as you read her story. (Want to encourage others with your Thin Place story? Go here to share it.) **** Mother is a title I always longed to have. Going back as far as my childhood with my baby dolls, carriages and names for […]
May 5, 2011
In the midst of Dale’s loss, her soul was full. You can catch up with her on her blog and follow her on Twitter. (Remember you can submit your Thin Place story here.) **** I look in the rear view mirror of my journey. I see blessings, pain, comfort, anguish, mercy, fear…. they seem to […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Need Peace? Trust the Spirit. August 23, 2016
- How to Heal from the Past (video) August 17, 2016
- A Writers Intensive for Europeans! August 9, 2016
- The #1 Reason Why You Should Journal August 3, 2016
- Stop Controlling and Start Waiting July 25, 2016
- Laura: I can relate to this so much - thank you so much f...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]Wonderful story, reckoned we cou...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]Sites of interest we have a link...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]check below, are some absolutely...
- make a app: make a app [...]usually posts some incredibly int...