Ellen’s Thin Place reminds us that God can minister to us in unusual ways. **** Loneliness consumes hope, strips away faith and empties my soul. Loneliness says God is not here or I would feel Him, hear His voice when I cry out. But loneliness lies. For the past 10 months, I have held onto […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Thin Places
June 2, 2011
In her book Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott says, “Here are the two best prayers I know: ‘Help me, help me, help me’ and ‘Thank you, thank you, thank you.’ ” Theresa & her daughter may agree. ***** Is God actively and intimately involved in the lives of humans? I say,” YES!” More importantly The Bible […]
May 12, 2011
Today’s post adds to Janet’s previous Thin Place Story about the death of her father. Visit Janet at JanetMorrisGrimes.com, on her Facebook Fan Page and on Twitter @JanetGrimes. (You can also share how God has met you in a Thin Place here.) **** I often wonder how it went. The accident was on a Tuesday morning, November 14, […]
April 14, 2011
Everyday and special days. Happiness and heartache. Shaunie knows of Thin Places in them all. After reading her story here, drop by her blog or her greeting card store and enjoy some encouragement. (Have a Thin Place story you would like to share? Here’s how you can do that.) **** Most mountaintops are thin places […]
March 17, 2011
Stuck in a moment you can’t get out of? You don’t have to be. Tammy experienced God’s grace as she thought about her childhood. She blogs at If Meadows Speak, sharing stories of reclaiming her family ranch and restoring her life. (Is God restoring something in your life? You can share your story here.) **** […]
January 27, 2011
Jessica’s story illustrates how hard places can become thin places where God meets us. Jessica lives near Washing D.C. with her husband and four children. You can find more of her thoughtful writing and beautiful pictures on her blog, Jezamama. (If you would like to share your Thin Place Story, visit this page for info.) […]
December 16, 2010
Pictures and perceptions are things we carry with us. Amanda shares about both in today’s Thin Place Story. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and three children, sharing her life via her blog. (If you’d like to share your Thin Place Story, send it here.) **** All the way to California; that’s where […]
December 9, 2010
November 11, 2010
“Whisper of Death, My Fight of Faith” is the title of Mary-Anne’s book about her fight with cancer. She also writes novels about her homeland, South Africa. You can find her online at her website, on Twitter (@Mary-AnneCrooks) and on her Facebook Fan Page. (Here’s how you can share your Thin Place story.) **** I […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- The Pooping Squirrel Principle May 26, 2016
- 0016 – Sarah Bessey May 23, 2016
- Worth Testimony 12: Melanie LAST DAY TO GET FREE BOOK May 20, 2016
- Worth Testimony 11: Ayla May 19, 2016
- Worth Testimony 10: Sarah May 18, 2016
- James Watkins: When driving around town, I never use the same rou...
- Greg: Great Mary! ☺...
- Mary DeMuth: I love this. Makes me want to sit in your back yar...
- julie stephenson: Hehhehehehe! What a great post! As a stay at home ...
- Mary DeMuth: Burning Tortillas would make a great band name....