1 red onion, chopped finely 1 Tbs. olive oil Four cups of chicken stock 3 cloves garlic, pressed 4 cups of sliced and peeled carrots 3 Tbs. curry powder 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper 1/2 cup white wine 1/2 cup heavy cream 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped Saute onion in oil until […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | soup
February 23, 2010
Our family friend Diane gave us this recipe. I’ve altered it a bit. It’s one of the easiest recipes I’ve made, but very, very good. 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 Tbs. butter 2 c. frozen loose pack corn 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli 3/4 cup grated carrot 1/2 cup water 2 10 3/4 ounce can […]
February 16, 2010
3 Tbs. butter 3 large yellow onions, sliced into rings… or try different varieties like Walla Walla Sweet and red onions 1 bunch green onions chopped 1 clove garlic crushed 3 Tbs sugar 6 cups beef stock (or use chicken stock for a lighter taste.) 1/3 cup red wine 4 pieces thick French bread that […]
January 31, 2010
24 uncooked won ton noodles (You can find these in the fruit and vegetable section of your super market) 1/2 pound ground pork 1/4 cup chopped scallions 1 Tbs. oyster sauce (found on the oriental isle) 1 Tsp. cornstarch Cook pork on medium heat until completely cooked. Add oyster sauce, scallions, and cornstarch and stir […]
January 30, 2010
Tortilla Soup My daughter Julia asks for this soup nearly every day. Patrick and I first tasted tortilla soup in Puerto Vallarta on our honeymoon. For several years, I looked for a recipe, gave up, and finally developed one of my own. If you don’t have time to make the tortilla strips, you can substitute […]
January 21, 2010
A good use for extra pumpkins! Apple Pumpkin Soup 1 medium-sized pumpkin, seeds removed and cut into 8ths 2 apples, cored and peeled and sliced 1 shallot, minced 1 tbs. olive oil 2 cloves garlic 5 cups chicken stock 1/2 cup white wine Salt and pepper to taste 3/4 cup heavy cream Cook pumpkin […]
January 19, 2010
One of our favorite soups, and very easy. Chicken Corn Chowder This is one of those cold-weather soups that children love as well as adults. Serve with cornbread sticks and a three-bean salad. 1 cup diced ham 2 Tbs. Butter 1 red onion, chopped finely 2 Tbs. All-purpose flour 4 cups chicken stock 3 […]
January 13, 2010
Another picture at our dining table in Southern France. We spent many, many nights with friends around this table, and one of our favorite things to serve (in the winter) was soup. Fresh Tomato Basil Soup This soup is especially lovely with homemade garlic-olive oil croutons and a dollop of crème fraiche or sour cream. […]
January 6, 2010
“Only the pure of heart can make good soup.” Beethoven Clam Chowder To save time and hassle, this recipe calls for canned clams. If possible, it’s better to buy whole clams instead of chopped clams. Serve this chowder with a loaf of crusty sourdough bread and a tossed green salad. For a special presentation, […]
Join the re-storied!
- 10 Ways to Spot Spiritual Abuse September 6, 2016
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- Season 2 Episode 13 – Jennifer Camp December 5, 2016
- Should I try to uncover my past? November 30, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 12 – Jimmy Hinton November 28, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 11 – Jen and Bayley November 21, 2016
- Do you have a book in you? November 18, 2016
- 3 Vibrators: 3 Vibrators [...]the time to study or pay a visit...
- Women Vibrators: Women Vibrators [...]although web sites we backli...
- Dorset: Dorset [...]The info talked about inside the writ...
- dailymotion importer: dailymotion importer [...]we came across a cool w...
- Kitchen cookery class: Kitchen cookery class [...]usually posts some qui...