On a run toward the tail end while I huffed my way through a park and felt the sweat drip down my forehead, I chatted with God. The subject? A frenetic, crazy-busy life. It amazes me how deliberate I’ve been about paring down my life. And yet, even so, I find myself back in the […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | rest
August 30, 2010
God created us to create. Some use paint. Some use words. Some use both – like today’s guest writer, Rachael McClelland. If God created you to write and you have a Thin Place Story to share, you can submit it here. **** I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the […]
August 15, 2009
So it’s happening. Not by osmosis, either. I’m slowing down, deliberately. I’m saying no. This week wasn’t easy. I still have quite a bit on my plate before it gets cleared. So I’ve had to work long, long days trying to attack the to do list with gusto. And boy howdy, was I tired. The […]
July 30, 2009
On vacation, I did a lot of thinking, praying, thinking, reading, and talking. I’ve been a bit worried about my pace of life, and I despaired that I had to bring work with me on my vacation. Yep, I even brought my crackberry, much to the chagrin of my kids who see my need for […]
May 18, 2009
Admiring the flowers A laughing me A funny husband A goofy girl A thinking boy A happy teen A smiling dog A posing cat A harvesting of potatoes A reach-for-the-sky hollyhock The first bloom of lavender Our vining house A plot of earth A pan of garden beets A dish of new garden potatoes with […]
October 8, 2006
Over at Pioneer Parenting blog, I chronicle our Sunday with photos and commentary. If you have felt the sorrow of a terribly rushed life, stop on by and relax and rejuvenate with us.
March 28, 2006
It’s Spring outside. The air is warm. The birdies are chirping. And I am in a changing mood. So, instead of tackling one of four book projects, I decided on a new look based on a card I received from Diane (thanks Diane!). So, how do you like it? Easier to read? Cheerful? Springy? Heather […]
March 16, 2006
Giving Watching the Tree Limbs to my friend Kate who loves to read fiction. Reading some very cool reviews: here and here and here.] Getting a day mostly to myself (except for doctoring poor Sophie who is sick) Actually having the opportunity to go to bed early Having a lovely and fun chat with my […]
February 16, 2006
I had a terrible dream last night. First of all, in the dream I was a man! How strange! And then I dreamed I was taking my temperature (still as a man) and it was one of those old thermometers with mercury inside. It broke in my mouth. I could feel the mercury sliding down […]
December 11, 2005
We’re trying to recapture our Sundays as days of rest. Part of rest for me is getting outside, seeing the world God created. I am rejuvenated in His creation. So, we planned on taking a walk, but as the day wore on, the light waned. We could have decided against it as dusk settled in […]
Join the re-storied!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- 10 Ways to Spot Spiritual Abuse September 6, 2016
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- Season 2 Episode 18 – Anna Smit January 23, 2017
- Is Your Burnout Compensation for a Parent’s Lack of Love? January 19, 2017
- Season 2 Episode 17 Chris McGregor January 16, 2017
- The Joy of Completed Work January 12, 2017
- Season 2 Episode 16 – Kathi Lipp January 9, 2017
- Discover: Discover [...]we prefer to honor numerous other n...
- It Leaked Online: It Leaked Online [...]we came across a cool web s...
- Sell house Derby, KS: Sell house Derby, KS [...]below youll obtain th...
- Free Mixtape Downloads: Free Mixtape Downloads [...]Sites of interest we ...
- Sell house Derby, KS: Sell house Derby, KS [...]below youll locate th...