My friend Ashley does a much better job of explaining her ministry to wives of porn-addicted husbands (and those in recovery), so I encourage you to watch her here: To have a chance at winning her free book, simply comment below answering, “How has God used something bad in your life for something good?” I […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | redemption
April 13, 2011
We used to live in wine country (France)–a place where one could buy a great bottle of wine for two euros. I’m not much of a wine drinker, not much at all, so I don’t understand the sacrifice of pouring forth wine. But melted dark chocolate? Maybe. There’s something amazing about taking that which is […]
August 4, 2010
God has nothing worth having that is easy.
May 14, 2010
The Gospel: The Most Sacrificial Love Story in History. The players: A Triune God. A rebellious people. A scrappy enemy. The plot: The scrappy enemy of God entices a people to rebel and seek life outside their creator. No sacrifice made by the people in penitence satisfies a holy God, nor can they pull themselves […]
March 29, 2010
Those of you familiar with me or my story know this: at five, two neighborhood boys spent their free time abusing me. Under trees. In their room. In ravines. In parks. I’m grateful, so grateful, that I don’t suffer flashbacks anymore. I’m glad their yearlong actions no longer inform how I live my life. They […]
October 31, 2009
I had two dreams butted up next to each other, kind of like commercials do these days where they do two spots for the same product, but run them concurrently. Dream one: I needed to help my youngest with something. I can’t remember what it was, since that’s the nature of dreams, but I do […]
June 7, 2009
“The Elephant in the Room” is my recent addition to Christian Fiction Online magazine. It wasn’t easy to write, nor was the wisdom gained easily won. Here’s the skinny: In this business (or any business you’ll be a part of), you will interact with people of the opposite sex either in person or via email. […]
April 16, 2009
Today I watched The Junk Brothers on HGTV while eating my frosted wheat cereal. Here’s the premise of the show. The two brothers, Steve and Jim Kelley, forage neighborhoods under the cover of darkness, looking for junk that could be transformed into something useful, beautiful. Today’s show they found a pair of old wooden snow […]
October 10, 2004
I thought I had located all those writing verses in the Bible-like the pen being some sort of weapon, how keeping words shut up inside would burn my chest, how the reading of many novels was all tediousness. Today I found another verse-one that highlights my deepest hopes in writing. Paul told the Corinthian believers, […]
October 5, 2004
Now that I’m in France and I no longer have a weekly newspaper column, I wanted to create an avenue where I am writing on a deadline. Since my friend Jeanne has a great blog, I knew that to be part of the way-cool gang, I’d have to set up a blog. So, now I’m […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Need Peace? Trust the Spirit. August 23, 2016
- How to Heal from the Past (video) August 17, 2016
- A Writers Intensive for Europeans! August 9, 2016
- The #1 Reason Why You Should Journal August 3, 2016
- Stop Controlling and Start Waiting July 25, 2016
- Laura: I can relate to this so much - thank you so much f...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]Wonderful story, reckoned we cou...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]Sites of interest we have a link...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]check below, are some absolutely...
- make a app: make a app [...]usually posts some incredibly int...