Today I’m launching a new product on my website called Write a Powerful Fiction Proposal. (Scroll down; it’s below the Nonfiction proposal tutorial.) For you novelists out there seeking publication, you may ask yourself, why would I need a fiction proposal? Don’t I just need a synopsis and three sample chapters? My answer: Since today’s fiction […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Novel
April 8, 2010
Only a few more weeks and Life in Defiance will release. May 11th to be exact. My editor says it’s the best book I’ve written. The trailer is below.
October 21, 2009
(picture credit: from the National Archives) I met him the other day, my character Hixon. He weighed a little more than I expected, but his face, his eyes–this was him. He made eye contact. He served. He smiled, but not overly so. His position seemed lowly, but I envisioned his influence in his place of […]
October 20, 2009
This review comes from Christina Severinghaus. This is the second book of fiction that I have read written by Mary DeMuth. Just like the first one, Daisy Chain, this one A Slow Burn kept me up all night, I simply could not put it down. Her character development is amazing, the descriptions of Defiance so […]
July 28, 2009
Claudia Mair Burney is a writer who knows her stuff and struts her wordsmithing with style and sass. Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man renews my trust in fiction for the Christian market. Chock full of characters who live and breathe like real human beings with very normal struggles, a plot that twists and surprises, […]
July 27, 2009
A story-feast from the get-go! The Feast of Saint Bertie is a surprising, engaging, unique story that will challenge readers to rethink what it means to be a Christ-follower in today’s crazy, materialistic culture. With vivid characters, unconventional settings, and a beautifully unfolding plot, this book is the kind that will stay with you, like […]
July 26, 2009
My Name is Russell Fink is laugh-out-loud storytelling—inventive, surprising, and chock full of quirky authenticity. Michael Snyder’s Fink is the kind of character that stays with you like a strange realization, but in a good way. This honest, witty story will grab you by the heart, tickle your funny bone, and highlight the intrinsic, fragile […]
July 25, 2009
The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards is an engaging story that kept me turning the pages. No simple answers, no neatly drawn up plot, this book held me close to each character, all exquisitely drawn. At times I wanted to shake one; other times I cried for another (and tears are so rare when […]
July 24, 2009
Home Another Way by Christa Parrish is the kind of book that sticks to your heart. Beautiful, lyrical writing, real, breathing characters and a plot with surprising twists, Parrish makes me want to find this town, hang out with the people there, and engage. A rare, gutsy book for a new generation of readers.
July 22, 2009
The Moment Between is a stark, agonizingly beautiful treatise on family, human frailty, and suffocating regret. With breathtaking prose, an everywoman heroine, and a twisting journey, Nicole Baart unfolds hope in the darkest circumstances.
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Stop Controlling and Start Waiting July 25, 2016
- Flourish Where You’re FLUNG July 19, 2016
- When God Seems Far, Far Away … July 13, 2016
- Register now for the Restory Conference July 7, 2016
- 5 things to do when you don’t have the full story of your past July 6, 2016
- Laura Bennet: Thanks, Mary. Exactly where we are at right now....
- Fenster: Fenster [...]Every the moment inside a while we s...
- sattamatka: sattamatka [...]Here are a number of the web site...
- virtual credit card buy: virtual credit card buy [...]always a massive fan...
- free online phone number for receiving texts: free online phone number for receiving texts [......