When Thin Places released this year, I felt naked. And rightfully so. I shared my story stark on the page there, my heart displayed for all to see. The pain, the neglect, the sexual abuse, the divorces–all these damaged me and my heart. Hints of those injuries haunt me today still. One thing that really […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Mary DeMuth
January 25, 2011
I had the privilege to talk to an ABC reporter yesterday about my blog My Family Secrets. It was heartening today to read this Oprah sister story on the ABC news site where the reporter included my thoughts throughout the piece. It surprised me that Oprah hadn’t known about her half-sister most of her life, […]
January 12, 2011
Some of you may know (and some of you may not) that I mentor writers at The Writing Spa. I also have two mentors that do a terrific job, mentoring in fiction and nonfiction. (I do both). I’ve recently set up a facebook page for the Spa, and am running a giveaway there for a […]
January 12, 2011
I mentioned this week that when I sold my first novel, I actually had a two book contract, which then became Watching the Tree Limbs and Wishing on Dandelions. You can read chapters from each by scrolling down to Tuesday’s and Monday’s post. In those two novels, I used a device to keep Maranatha telling […]
January 11, 2011
When I signed my first novel contract with NavPress, they asked for two books. Wishing on Dandelions follows Maranatha Winningham into high school where she now has to grapple with romance while still being haunted by a past of sexual abuse. My hope and intention has always been to write a third Maranatha book, to […]
January 10, 2011
I wrote Watching the Tree Limbs in 2004, before I was published. I’d written another novel too–and that one hasn’t yet been published. The book went to every publishing house in the Christian publishing industry and was rejected by every. single. one. It wasn’t until a year later that Rachelle Gardner, then the acquisitions editor […]
September 14, 2010
This has been a decision I’ve thought and prayed through. It boils down to simplicity and decluttering. I don’t say that lightly, nor do I mean that people are clutter. What I do mean is that I’m becoming increasingly worried about spreading myself too thin, about putting more of myself out there in the public […]
August 27, 2010
Today I’m thankful to feature my friend Holley Gerth, sharing a painful yet redemptive story with you. She’ll be giving a FREE webinar next week chatting about transitions of the heart. Find out more here. Later, I’ll host a webinar about Transitions in Faith, followed by author Lauraine Snelling discussing Transitions in Courage. We’d love […]
August 12, 2010
I’ve tried nearly every parenting method on the market. Sometimes I’ve felt elated that I grew my children Jesus’ way. Other times I worried that I didn’t discipline correctly. I’ve been stern. I’ve been lax. I’ve wavered. I’ve showered with love. But none of those methods captured my children’s hearts or me quite so much […]
July 26, 2010
Note: This post is part of the Idea Camp’s exploration of sexual abuse. It happened so long ago. Nearly forty years now. The picture at the top of this post is me, aged five. The year the boys came and took me away. Stole a year of my life. In ravines. Under trees. In a […]
Join the re-storied!
- 10 Ways to Spot Spiritual Abuse September 6, 2016
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- Season 2 Episode 13 – Jennifer Camp December 5, 2016
- Should I try to uncover my past? November 30, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 12 – Jimmy Hinton November 28, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 11 – Jen and Bayley November 21, 2016
- Do you have a book in you? November 18, 2016
- 3 Vibrators: 3 Vibrators [...]the time to study or pay a visit...
- Women Vibrators: Women Vibrators [...]although web sites we backli...
- Dorset: Dorset [...]The info talked about inside the writ...
- dailymotion importer: dailymotion importer [...]we came across a cool w...
- Kitchen cookery class: Kitchen cookery class [...]usually posts some qui...