Erin’s story shows us how sometimes our earthly relationships give us a glimpse of our relationship with God. **** My thin place is a lady named Jeanette. She carried me for 9 months, but never held me. I never laid eyes on her, but always knew about her. For 36 years we, separately, thought about […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | Family Uncaged
July 7, 2011
Shawn succinctly shares her thin place in a powerful way. How amazing to serve the God who is near. ***** In 1997 my mom underwent colon cancer surgery. Due to having advanced lung disease the doctors were concerned about her going under anesthesia. Their concerns were valid. She came out of the surgery, remained on […]
May 17, 2011
My friend Ashley does a much better job of explaining her ministry to wives of porn-addicted husbands (and those in recovery), so I encourage you to watch her here: To have a chance at winning her free book, simply comment below answering, “How has God used something bad in your life for something good?” I […]
April 25, 2011
I’m revising some old posts from our time in France to give you a glimpse of what our lives were like there, as well as to highlight some of the lessons I learned. I still don’t write publicly about how our time went there, but I’m comfortable with this week’s glimpse. I’ve kept the comments […]
April 20, 2011
This is one of my old columns from the Rowlett Lakeshore Times a couple years ago. I thought I’d resurrect it for a little levity. This is what my kids looked like when I wrote that column! *** Somewhere in the back of my tired brain, I remember something I learned in college. I remember […]
March 28, 2011
When I first saw this paper wreath tutorial at The Lovely Residence, I was smitten completely and determined to make my own. Her instructions at the site were perfect. Here’s my pictorial essay on how mine went. First I had to choose square scrapbook paper and glue two pieces together. (If you have reverse-able paper, […]
March 21, 2011
I’ve worried whether I’d be a pessimist for the rest of my life. But, oddly, after our time in France, something paradoxical happened. I became strangely positive. But then I read the book Learned Optimism by Martin E. P. Seligman, PhD, and took a little test that bothered my little paradigm. Even though I felt […]
March 20, 2011
I thought I’d give you a glimpse into our lives today. These are iphone pics. My lunch one day this weekend. Watercress, tomatoes, shaved romano cheese, oregano, garlic, salt, olive oil, balsamic vinegar Not sure why this turned sideways, but this is Julia demonstrating that my book actually worked! Just look […]
March 17, 2011
1 My kitty Madeline 2 My sweet dog Pippin 3 Our home in Spring 4 The redbud in our front yard 5 Emerging peonies 6 Lamb’s ear 7 My naked garden, waiting to sprout!
March 17, 2011
Stuck in a moment you can’t get out of? You don’t have to be. Tammy experienced God’s grace as she thought about her childhood. She blogs at If Meadows Speak, sharing stories of reclaiming her family ranch and restoring her life. (Is God restoring something in your life? You can share your story here.) **** […]
Join the re-storied!
- 10 Ways to Spot Spiritual Abuse September 6, 2016
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- Season 2 Episode 13 – Jennifer Camp December 5, 2016
- Should I try to uncover my past? November 30, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 12 – Jimmy Hinton November 28, 2016
- Season 2 Episode 11 – Jen and Bayley November 21, 2016
- Do you have a book in you? November 18, 2016
- 3 Vibrators: 3 Vibrators [...]the time to study or pay a visit...
- Women Vibrators: Women Vibrators [...]although web sites we backli...
- Dorset: Dorset [...]The info talked about inside the writ...
- dailymotion importer: dailymotion importer [...]we came across a cool w...
- Kitchen cookery class: Kitchen cookery class [...]usually posts some qui...